Balcony Smoking

soawreanh

We had a balcony and were able to enjoy it despite the fact that our neighbor smoked. The winds are pretty steady and air is constantly moving on the balcony so his smoke hardly reached us. He did sit away from the opening between the balcony.

The only thing that would have made our balcony more enjoyable is if he would have kept his kid from sticking his hands and head into the small opening between the balconies. Anytime the kid was out there and we went out, he insisted on staring at us and talking to us.

Actually I work for a Specialty Pharmacy and the cost of medications to treat cancer is more costly than the drugs for obesity induced illnesses. Most cancer treatments cost upwards of $10000 per treatment for IV or Injectibles, and for a month supply of pills can cost up to $7000. Compare that to a months supply of diabetic medications and supplies costing under $700 per month. Cancer is still the number one killer out there, it even surpassed AIDS.

You are right. I was also considering the costs of lap band surgeries, gastric bypass, and a lot of other costs and of course the costs of certain cancers associated with being overweight..

All addictions have soaring health costs and I am certainly not choosing one over the other. :)

True and False IMO.

The cost of healthcare for obese patients have skyrocketed in the last 5 years, across the board for both adults and children due to related illnesses such as Type II Diabetes, etc....and now exceeds the cost for tobacco related illnesses. There are doctors who now believe that sugar is as poisonous as nicotine.

I am in way advocating smoking or trying to validate smoking in any way, shape or form because it not only affects the smoker but "can" affect those around them.

I just want everyone to be considerate of others whether cruising or not. Happy cruising everyone.:)

That obese person over yonder..........is not affecting my health...

Why would you ask someone to put out their cigarette, but allow a fat person to eat n eat n eat?

Because the person eating isnt going to cause you or your children to get cancer:confused:

If I nicely ask someone to not smoke if im out on the balcony with my DD(which they have every right to do by the way)

and they said no I would smile and move up onto deck or something like that. To compare someone eating (obese or not) to someone smoking is pretty rediculous.

Good Luck on quitting smoking. My DH and I used Chantix when we quit , it worked quite well. I have never heard of laser treatments to quit smoking. Once you quit you will see what I mean about the smell. I had to wash everything in the house, plus we replaced the carpeting and painted everything, even replaced the furniture just to get rid of the smell as it was making both of us sick. Usually when we are outside I do not say anything about anyone smoking, unless the smoke is blowing right at me.

Thanks for the encouragement, and congratulations to your success.

I have tried Chantix and the side effects were gruesome for me, especially the nightmares which were horrific. There isn't one that I haven't tried so really the laser is the last resort and I am hopeful of success. I am down to 10 cigs a day and hope to be smoke free soon.

I don't smoke in my house and its funny because even I do not like the smell of cigarette smoke inside of other peoples homes.

I am a non-smoker....all my life. My hubby, however, is a smoker. He doesn't smoke in our home and we purposely get a balcony cabin so he can smoke outside.

Blast away, but, as long as it is legal, smokers have rights as well. I'd much rather deal with a smoker on the balcony next to me (or on my own) than deal with them in a closed space.

I've mentioned it before on other threads, and I'll say it again. I choose to spend extra money for a balcony so I CAN smoke. I won't smoke inside the cabin - because I find that more inconsiderate to both the steward and the next occupants. I won't smoke in areas that forbid it.

If I want to sit on my balcony and chain smoke all day for 7 days straight, outside, that is my right - and I paid for it. Carnival says I can, so dagnammit I'm gonna smoke!:D

Absolutely! Just keep the smoke confined to the balcony YOU paid for, and there's no problem.

I would never subject any child to what I had to go through constantly breathing that crap in and reeking of it when I went to school because our house was a smoking pit.

This was exactly what happened to me. The smallest amount of smoke now sends my sinuses into clogged mode and I end up with a sinus infection that, if untreated, lasts for over a week.

So, while I respect someone's right to purchase a balcony that they can smoke, I purchased a cabin with a balcony also...

So, as long as you can keep the smoke confined to the areas where it's allowed, there should be no problem.

This was exactly what happened to me. The smallest amount of smoke now sends my sinuses into clogged mode and I end up with a sinus infection that, if untreated, lasts for over a week.

So, while I respect someone's right to purchase a balcony that they can smoke, I purchased a cabin with a balcony also...

So, as long as you can keep the smoke confined to the areas where it's allowed, there should be no problem.

But smoke is allowed on your balcony too:confused:

The problem is that smoke is allowed on the balcony, and where the smoke drifts is no one's problem (well, maybe yours). If you want a completely smoke free space, I suggest getting a spa cabin and stay away from the smoke stacks.

Smokes are now $8.85 a pack where I live, you need a second mortgage to imbibe.

BTW I smoked for 20+ years and don't mind if you smoke on the balcony next to mine as long as you don't mind me farting, fornicating, and peeing over the side on mine.

Wild, there was a post about a week ago about a balcony neighbor spraying Lysol in the face of someone.

Trailer, I doubt Carnival would send their lawyers out to defend you on an assault charge.

Which I would file if you sprayed me with ANYTHING.

mimi

This thread definitely has some entertainment value. My only thought is that it's a big ship. Can't we all just get along? :)

One would think so!

BTW, if you're looking for the PERFECT cruise you'll be disappointed.

If you make it the perfect cruise you'll never be disappointed. :)

First let me say that I dont smoke. Now, if someone is smoking on their balcony, that is their priviledge and they have the right to. If it bothers you, then make sure when you book a balcony, you book the first one forward, then the smoke wont blow onto your balcony.

Archived