So excursion stressed for western caribbean

Leaving in 11 days on the Valor and still do not have any excursions picked. We whom are moble want two ports to do a ruin with river excursion or something ,husband wants to do the reef snorkling with daughters. He wants to do all from ship excursions to be safe for timing.. My MIL is limited for walking and would love a pretty beach for us to enjoy for relaxing and rest could snorkle from beach. Tabyana is nice? any other suggestions on grand Cayman or Cozemel for great beaches..perhaps cabanas? Please share any ideas ..I am brain fried. Thank you! :) Oh.. I also read in guide book that some of these ports have bad currants for safety in snorkling off beaches .even if it looks calm. Cozemel I think? Sorry for all the questions.

On Grand Cayman THE beach is Seven Mile. It's a very inexpensive cab or bus ride from where the tenders dock. Unless you visit one of the many bars or restaurants you'll have to rent beach chairs and/or umbrellas.

My choice on Cozumel is Nachi Cocom. Plenty of shady spots... lots of chairs, a pool with a swim up bar and great food. It's an all inclusive and limited to 100 people per day. You may be too late but it's worth checking out. There's a form on their web page to check for availablity...

:)

Leaving in 11 days on the Valor and still do not have any excursions picked. We whom are moble want two ports to do a ruin with river excursion or something ,husband wants to do the reef snorkling with daughters. He wants to do all from ship excursions to be safe for timing.. My MIL is limited for walking and would love a pretty beach for us to enjoy for relaxing and rest could snorkle from beach. Tabyana is nice? any other suggestions on grand Cayman or Cozemel for great beaches..perhaps cabanas? Please share any ideas ..I am brain fried. Thank you! :) Oh.. I also read in guide book that some of these ports have bad currants for safety in snorkling off beaches .even if it looks calm. Cozemel I think? Sorry for all the questions.

Nachi Cocum is a nice, quiet beach. We were there a few weeks ago.

5567320598_6e51180a39_z.jpg

5566738437_c50bab9bc4_z.jpg

5566739253_6062b0ce50_z.jpg

We were on the Valor last month and did Carnival's excursion to the private island of Maya Key off of Roatan and would highly recommend it! You can only go here through the ship excursion. It is an enjoyable boat ride from the port to a beautiful uncrowded island. There is a nice beach area and a long pier where you can snorkle from...they have rental gear or you can bring your own...great snorkeling!

They also have an animal sanctuary along the beach that's neat and Mayan replica ruins we never got to see. The excursion includes a buffet lunch and they do have adult drinks there to purchase if you want. It was our favorite place and we would go back in an instant!

Archived