Confused about dining options....

on our confirmation we have the 'early option'. I am just learning about the 'My Time Dining' option and see that the gratuities must be paid in advance for that option. In the past we have cruised NCL and mainly taken advantage of the Freestyle dining (good option with children in our case). Is MTD the same or is the Windjammer Cafe the place for the more casual dinner? And if the Windjammer is where we eat most often how does that affect gratuities?

TIA

4 NCL cruises

1 Carnival Cruise

1 Awful Greek Isle Cruise

on our confirmation we have the 'early option'. I am just learning about the 'My Time Dining' option and see that the gratuities must be paid in advance for that option. In the past we have cruised NCL and mainly taken advantage of the Freestyle dining (good option with children in our case). Is MTD the same or is the Windjammer Cafe the place for the more casual dinner? And if the Windjammer is where we eat most often how does that affect gratuities?

TIA

4 NCL cruises

1 Carnival Cruise

Windjammer is the place for casual dining. Regardless of traditional dining or MTD, both are in the Main DIning Room and have the same dress code. If that is your question.

In regards to tips, if you plan to eat in Windjammer most times I´d chose to prepay, so you are covered.

TIA

4 NCL cruises

1 Carnival Cruise

Gratuities aren't affected at all. They're the same no matter where you choose to eat.

Archived