Recent Monarch Cruisers?

I have not been on Monarch since April 2010 and going on for a third time in August. I was told you can no longer take water and soda on board....is this true? Just wondering if there are any other recent changes on RCCL and/or this ship.

Any recent good or bad thoughts on the Monarch?

Thanks in advance!

I sailed last month/ We took a couple of bottles of water on our carry on and no problem

We also had a 6 pack of Pepsi Max bottles, a 6 pack PowerAde and a few more water bottles in the checked bags.

Nothing was removed from the bags, but when we opened our luggage, there was an orange card that said they had searched our bags for potentially prohibited items.

If you take sodas on, I would suggest not taking an excessive amount, and don't open anything to give them a reason to think you are smuggling. Seems from previous posters, they only take it away if you are bringing a lot.

On a side note, our cabin neighbors had somehow managed to smuggle a TON of booze. This resulted in them being rowdy and obnoxious the entire time. We were miserable. :mad:

I never took the time to ask what their smuggling technique was.

Our dinner mate had his rum runner confiscated, but managed to get another one through that he had stuffed in his shoes.

To me a 3 day cruise is not worth the hassle of smuggling booze, Especially since I only have 1 drink a day. If it were a week cruise, I may have tried to sneak booze on to keep the expenses down.

Hope this helps.

Archived