scheduling flight time for after the cruise

tostadas

Planning on cruising Legend next month, and I need to book return tickets for the airline. Around what time would be good for a flight on the debark day?

we will have only carry-ons, and no rental car, so i'm not sure how much time I want to spend in the area towing around my luggage.

Planning on cruising Legend next month, and I need to book return tickets for the airline. Around what time would be good for a flight on the debark day?

we will have only carry-ons, and no rental car, so i'm not sure how much time I want to spend in the area towing around my luggage.

I feel safe booking around noon

Yep... noon or later, later being better. It's always a good idea to have a cushion there in the event that there's a delay getting into port; getting debarkation started; with customs, etc.

Pretty much anything can cause you to be late for your flight... later = better...

:)

how long does debarkation typically take? i dont want to feel rushed. the flight I see is for 1:30pm departure out of Tampa airport.

I think that's a really good time. We cruised Legend back in October. We were zone 13 and still got off the boat by 10am.

Carnival suggests no flights earlier than 11:30 am for Tampa. That is really pushing it too. We were zone 16 off the Legend and got to the airport at 10:50. An earlier zone # would have probably made a difference but why rush. We had a choice of 11:15 am flt or 2:15. We selected the 2:15 and had a nice leisurely lunch before heading over to airside and through security. There are some nice sit down restaurants on both the ticketing side and airside.

Archived