Dover Taxi Question

LAN41

I received a quote from Dover Taxi to drive our party from Heathrow to Dover July 8 to catch the Eurodam July 9. However, they are asking for payment in full prior to the scheduled trip. Does this seem appropriate to you? Has anyone else used them? I feel a little funny paying a vendor that much $ prior to any service being provided. Thanks for the help!

I received a quote from Dover Taxi to drive our party from Heathrow to Dover July 8 to catch the Eurodam July 9. However, they are asking for payment in full prior to the scheduled trip. Does this seem appropriate to you? Has anyone else used them? I feel a little funny paying a vendor that much $ prior to any service being provided. Thanks for the help!

They're a reputable & established company, frequently recommended on this forum.

As throughout Europe, some companies require payment with booking, others are happy to accept payment on the day.

I can kinda understand their position - a client may dis-honour a booking because of a change in circumstances, eg they meet someone who offers them a lift. They're much less likely to let you down because they have a reputation to safeguard, Joe Cruiser doesn't.

Bear in mind also, that they have to travel out of their patch to the pick-up. A no-show customer Heathrow to Dover is a major expense, compared to a no-show Dover to Heathrow which is more of an inconvenience than expense.

Can I suggest you double-check their cancellation policy for refund with decent notice.

Payment by cc will presumably safeguard your money in the event of any other problem, though I don't think you need worry about that.

John Bull :)

Archived