Carnival Dream

jenniej61

So sorry you are having a bad day - try deck 5 (usually have chairs). As a teacher I always end up traveling during spring break or winter vacation. I love the bigger ships because of the number of people. I figure the law of averages is that the more folks the more likely you will meet at least some people that you will enjoy. If you haven't tried the Trivia or or walking around the promenade deck I find both of those activities really relaxing.

Good luck. I am sailing on the Dream on April 16th and can't wait :)

Twice...3rd one up to bat in June. DW loves, as in <3 <3 <3 the spa on the Dream:rolleyes:

Personally, I love sea days. Generally don't travel during spring break like jennie and the other thread complaining about the crowds. But, if she will look around she'll find there are places away from the crowds and ways to circumvent the lines, like alternate eating spots, and not trying to get in the burrito line or monogolian wok line right at noon. Or go with someone and one of you grab icecream cones to lick on while waiting in line. You're at sea! You're on vacation! You don't have to worry about punching the clock back in before your lunch hour is up. And you're probably turning too many shades of red from the sun anyway. So why care about a few minutes wait. People wait for restaurant seating 45 minutes to an hour every week back home and you don't see them grousing about it in forums.

Since they can't seem to find deck chairs anyway, they can always go the MDR for lunch. ;)

Im glad to hear you like the dream so much that its gonna be your 3rd time, we are going on it in May. We went on the Conquest a few years ago, I liked the bigger ship and this one being newer should be even better. We are also getting a balcony for the first time, so needless to say we are very excited!!

Jennie, as the previous poster said-enjoy your vacation! :) Would you have preferred Carnival put you in harms way?

Of course she would! Then she'd have something else to whine and *itch about:rolleyes::D

Some folks are just naturally miserable.

You know, the last two posts are uncalled for and ridiculous! If you don't like my opinions, then go the h&ll elsewhere but do not attack me personally.

I have a right to express my opinions and be disappointed if the vacation I paid good money for did not go as it was planned; however, I certainly never suggested that I would put the boat in harms way.

You people on here, for the most part, are a bunch of jerks!

Wow !! I planned on taking the same cruise jenniej61 is commenting about sometime next year......I've never been on a cruise before and doubt I will take a cruise on ANY cruise line after reading all this !!! First off, I guess I'd need a lawyer to look at the contract everybody is talking about ! Secondly, I can't believe how everyone on this forum is treating this person !! I intended to get more info on cruises by joining this forum, but all I see from this thread and threads of other cruise lines is to not say anything bad about any of the lines ! All the posts show me what to look out for when I book a cruise, but I think I'll just keep going to Disney !

Wow !! I planned on taking the same cruise jenniej61 is commenting about sometime next year......I've never been on a cruise before and doubt I will take a cruise on ANY cruise line after reading all this !!! First off, I guess I'd need a lawyer to look at the contract everybody is talking about ! Secondly, I can't believe how everyone on this forum is treating this person !! I intended to get more info on cruises by joining this forum, but all I see from this thread and threads of other cruise lines is to not say anything bad about any of the lines ! All the posts show me what to look out for when I book a cruise, but I think I'll just keep going to Disney !

I think people are giving her a hard time because she feels that something is owed to her when it is not. Before going on a cruise you must be very aware that you really are only paying to be on the boat. Now, that boat may be scheduled to visit ports that you want. 99% of the time the ship WILL call on those ports and everyone will be a happy camper. However, the captain's job is to keep everyone on board safe, AND to protect the multi-multi-million dollar ship he's in charge of. Case in point: I was on the Dream last september. There was a hurricane heading into the Caribbean at that point. I was at the customer service desk and the woman in front of me was talking about how she was getting married the next day when we called on St. Thomas. Well not an hour later the captain came on and said we would be swapping ports and going to St. Maarten the next day and St. Thomas after that. This was so we could still see both ports before St. Maarten got hit by the storm. Her wedding plans very well may have been ruined. Does the cruise line owe her anything for that? I don't think so. And don't say it's being a 'cruise line cheerleader' because I would expect this to occur on Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, or any other cruiseline that's out there.

So, some people initially gave her a hard time because she still thinks she's owed something even after being told she is not. She then insults others and trashes this board. Keep in mind this is the internet, and while some people can be polite and civil, others won't be.

I guess cruises aren't for me ! The prices I've been seeing are a bit much just for a boat ride...I would expect to stop at ports ! I'd go stir crazy on a boat for a week or two ! As for her comments, I was under the impression this forum was for people to comment on their experiences, good AND bad ! This was helping me to decide where to spend my money ! I've read a lot of complaints from others on this site, and my thinking is the Cruise Lines would want to hear it all ! This helps them improve the cruise experience for others. I seriously have to reconsider a cruise as a vacation option ! By the way, I understand having to take care of expensive machinery....I'm a pilot ! As pilots, we ALWAYS have a Plan B......JFK socked in by snow ? I need to have 4 or 5 other alternates ! Always have a plan B.....you'll always be safe and have happy customers !

Archived