Concierge Tipping

If you are booked in a Suite, are the tips for the concierge part of your recommended daily amount or would you need to tip him/her separately? Thank you in advance.

Nope the Concierge is not included in the recommended tipping. The recommended tipping is for waiter, assistant waiter, head waiter and stateroom attendant.

The concierge is tipped separately.

I tip the concierge plus each of the attendants (usually 2) if they made me drinks.

How much you tip is personal and it's not easy since some people use the concierge for everything and some don't even use the facility.

For us, he booked a massage (for each of us), an excursion, one dinner reservation, took care of our express luggage (straight to airport) and was just generally helpful in answering questions.

We had a drink in the lounge on 4 nights.

I paid him $60 plus each attendant $20. I thought it was generous but I'm not so sure now.

The concierges recently had their salaries cut in half because with tips they were making more than many other officers but now I hear they are making less than most officers.

Is there a recommended amount, or as service warrant's?

While there are tons of posts about this there are also tons of different answers. There is no set recommended amount. I have seen everything from $0 to over $100. Typically if we just use the lounge of coffee and happy hour we tip around $25/$30 for the week. The tip is higher if we use them for more services or to help with any issues.

We also tip the happy hour bar staff $1 per drink and we tip each night.

Hope this helps.

I see the one response for tipping the assistant's per drink, do you normally tip each evening or the last night for the Concierge?

We tip per drink per evening. If for some reason the server/s is/are not there later in the week or the last night you know they received the tip. On our last cruise both servers were replaced mid week. First time we had ever seen that.

We tip per drink per evening. If for some reason the server/s is/are not there later in the week or the last night you know they received the tip. On our last cruise both servers were replaced mid week. First time we had ever seen that.

What about the Concierge, last night when you give the tips to others?

We tip the CL barkeepers $20 each for a 7 night cruise. The concierge gets $20 if he/she does nothing for us, $40 if we give some tasks, and $50 for more/exemplary service.

Why would someone tip $20 for doing nothing?? You must of meant nothing special?

Just returned from a cruise in a suite on Enchantment. When they gave us the paper to sign to put tips on our on board account there was a spot that you could write in a tip amount for the concierge. So that can also be charged if you want.

We tipped him the last night in cash. And also tipped the bar waiter in there.

My husband and I are booked in a GS on the Explorer in Sept. We pre-paided our gratuities. I would have figured that the Concierge tip was included in that fee. I can understand tipping the bartenders in the CL. I'm I wrong?

Why would someone tip $20 for doing nothing?? You must of meant nothing special?

While I always tip extra to my steward and waiter, etc., as long as they've done a decent job, I agree completely on this. I don't quite understand those that are tipping the conceirge for providing nothing more than a bit of small talk, it has always been the lounge waiters that have provided my service (and gotten my gratuity). I think it is up to RC to compensate the conceirge fairly, just as they do officers.

My husband and I are booked in a GS on the Explorer in Sept. We pre-paided our gratuities. I would have figured that the Concierge tip was included in that fee. I can understand tipping the bartenders in the CL. I'm I wrong?

You are wrong. Prepaid gratuities do not include a tip for the concierge. Tips for the concierge are totally discretionary and should reflect the value of the services that he or she provides to you. A good concierge should do more than engage you in general conversation, but if you do not make any special requests you need not worry about giving a minimal tip or none at all.

I can understand the standard tipping fee for the Concierge. And if we ask for more special treatment, he/she would derserve an extra tip. But I have no problem tipping the bartenders or anyone else. That's what the the cruise more enjoyable.

If Carlos is your Concierge on the Explorer in September you will love him. He is a magic man and knows what you want/need before you do! We had a bartender/server and an attendant who also cleared. We tipped all three of them. Service was beyond our expectations! Enjoy your cruise and you will love your GS.

Archived