BV Boardwalk View - What to expect?

Tapi

Have you stayed in a BV (Boardwalk View Stateroom) on the Oasis or Allure? These are the cabins located aft on deck 7 with a large porthole (no balcony).

How are these cabins? Can you get a partial view of the ocean or Aquatheater? Any noise issues? Thanks for any input that you may provide!

In Dec. 09 I did a B2B and had a BV for one leg and a CV for the other. I was towards the aft in the BV but didn't have a view of either the aquatheater or ocean.

There was some noise but nothing truly disturbing, however I spent very little time in the cabin at night (I think I averaged 2hrs sleep a night over the length of that leg of the cruise) so other people may have a differing opinion.

The one thing I will point out as a possible inconvenience with any cabin towards the aft on deck 7 (at least on Oasis...haven't been on Allure so don't know if they changed this design or not) is that the aft elevators on that deck do not have a way to walk from port to starboard side in the elevator lobby. If you happen to get on an aft elevator on the starboard side and get off on deck 7 to try and get to your stateroom on the port side there isn't a way to switch sides at the elevator lobby. I ran into this once or twice when I wasn't paying attention and simply used the stairs to go up a level, switch sides and then walk back down to deck 7 to carry on to my stateroom. It wasn't a big deal for me but I can imagine it being a bigger deal for someone who has reduced mobility and needing to always remember what side of the elevator bank to use. It may not be an issue for you but at least it's something to be aware of before booking.

All in all I enjoyed the BV cabin and I wouldn't hesitate to book one again.

The one thing I will point out as a possible inconvenience with any cabin towards the aft on deck 7 (at least on Oasis...haven't been on Allure so don't know if they changed this design or not) is that the aft elevators on that deck do not have a way to walk from port to starboard side in the elevator lobby. If you happen to get on an aft elevator on the starboard side and get off on deck 7 to try and get to your stateroom on the port side there isn't a way to switch sides at the elevator lobby. I ran into this once or twice when I wasn't paying attention and simply used the stairs to go up a level, switch sides and then walk back down to deck 7 to carry on to my stateroom. It wasn't a big deal for me but I can imagine it being a bigger deal for someone who has reduced mobility and needing to always remember what side of the elevator bank to use. It may not be an issue for you but at least it's something to be aware of before booking.

I don't get this comment. Can you explain more clearly? I just stayed near the aft elevators on 11 and my parents were near the aft elevators on 14, and I routinely went down the stairs from 11 to 5 and you could clearly and easily move from starboard to port side. :confused:

I don't get this comment. Can you explain more clearly? I just stayed near the aft elevators on 11 and my parents were near the aft elevators on 14, and I routinely went down the stairs from 11 to 5 and you could clearly and easily move from starboard to port side. :confused:

Here is a post I wrote on September 2010 when the topic came up about that situation with the deck 7 aft elevators...hopefully it will clear up any confusion you might still have...

I was on the December 1, 2009 Labadee Extravaganza sailing and had a Boardwalk view stateroom, number 7325.

Unless things have changed since then, you can not cross from the starboard side to the port side from the AFT elevator lobby on deck 7.

I always had to go up to deck 8, cross between starboard and port sides just outside of Dazzles and then walk back down the stairs to deck 7.

What someone said about the "Boardwalk" sign is correct. The doors to the Boardwalk are on deck 6...if there were a way to walk between the port and starboard sides on the deck seven aft elevator lobby, it would obstruct the "boardwalk" sign.

Here is a picture of that sign....if you look to the left and right of the sign you can see the railings that are in the 7th deck elevator lobby...you can not cross in front of the sign...

0.jpg

Here is a post I wrote on September 2010 when the topic came up about that situation with the deck 7 aft elevators...hopefully it will clear up any confusion you might still have...

Thanks for the info! This category (BV) almost seems like an afterthought with only a total of eight all the way back there. It feels like the ship architects said: "so what can we do with this space?? "

Archived