Buying supplies in Long Beach, CA

WaileaKid

We are sailing out of Long Beach in another month and will have an infant with us. Before we leave, I'd like to buy some supplies such as water, diapers etc. What is the best way to do that? We are flying in to LAX on the day of the cruise. Are there any shops near the cruise terminal where I can buy these things or I should get them before coming to the terminal?

I'd like to buy it in LA so that we don't have to carry it with us in the flight.

Thanks in advance.

We are sailing out of Long Beach in another month and will have an infant with us. Before we leave, I'd like to buy some supplies such as water, diapers etc. What is the best way to do that? We are flying in to LAX on the day of the cruise. Are there any shops near the cruise terminal where I can buy these things or I should get them before coming to the terminal?

I'd like to buy it in LA so that we don't have to carry it with us in the flight.

Thanks in advance.

You could find grocery stores in Long Beach but you'd have to take a cab. Google it.

Buy diapers first if you can. Forget the water, they have it on board.

Wait I really think there is are convenience or drugstores nearby, Im going to suggest you visit the Moana Mahlinis board Spirit 4/13/12 Christina M. on our board has been doing a lot of research regarding things nearby why dont you pose the question to her over there. I know she will have an answer for you

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1237479&page=158

But Deb isnt there a Holiday inn across the street from the terminal and then a block or two to a convenience store? I thought they said that on our Hawaii thread, but I may be mistaken

Oh wait Im sorry she said Long Beach thats the difference I thoght it was SanDiego thats why I referred her to our Hawaii site. Sorry

But Deb isnt there a Holiday inn across the street from the terminal and then a block or two to a convenience store? I thought they said that on our Hawaii thread, but I may be mistaken

You might be thinking of San Diego. ;)

Depending on how much time you have, there is a free bus that runs a route which takes you to and from Downtown Long Beach to the Pier. The bus gets off and on at the Queen Mary which is right next to Splendor (I assume you are taking the Splendor). I think the correct bus is Passport C. There is a Walmart there where you can probably get all that you need.

http://www.lbtransit.com/Schedules/Default.aspx?routegrp=34&routes=The%20Passport&direction=South&day=today&mode=map

http://www.longbeachcityplace.com/CP_Directory_All.html

Great information fisherguy. Thanks!

Is it possible to leave the checkin area or the cruise once we are checked in? We plan to reach the checkin area by aroud 1 AM. Given that our cruise sails at 4:30 PM, I hope I will have an hour or two to grab the stuff we need.

2862563460102635822S500x500Q85.jpg

If you have the time, your best options from the PORT are to take a cab to Wal-Mart or Albertson's (our local grocery store).

Your total options are a 7-11 on Pine @ Broadway. Walgreen's on Pine @ 7th (or some drug store chain ... which you'd think I'd know since I lived across the street from it :rolleyes:), Wal-Mart on 5th between Pine and Long Beach Blvd, Albertson's on Long Beach Blvd at 5th and there's a CVS drugstore in the same parking lot as Albertson's.

IF you take the passport C bus, you would want to get off on Pine ave at 5th. DON'T ride it around till it stops in front of Wally-world ... that will waste time. You'd also get off here and walk across 5th towards Long Beach Blvd to get to Albertson's.

2862563460102635822S500x500Q85.jpg

If you have the time, your best options from the PORT are to take a cab to Wal-Mart or Albertson's (our local grocery store).

Your total options are a 7-11 on Pine @ Broadway. Walgreen's on Pine @ 7th (or some drug store chain ... which you'd think I'd know since I lived across the street from it :rolleyes:), Wal-Mart on 5th between Pine and Long Beach Blvd, Albertson's on Long Beach Blvd at 5th and there's a CVS drugstore in the same parking lot as Albertson's.

IF you take the passport C bus, you would want to get off on Pine ave at 5th. DON'T ride it around till it stops in front of Wally-world ... that will waste time. You'd also get off here and walk across 5th towards Long Beach Blvd to get to Albertson's.

If you want to compare prices between the different stores, you can pull up their weekly ads on-line using zip code 90802.

Great information fisherguy. Thanks!

Is it possible to leave the checkin area or the cruise once we are checked in? We plan to reach the checkin area by aroud 1 AM. Given that our cruise sails at 4:30 PM, I hope I will have an hour or two to grab the stuff we need.

Unless its changed since 2009, there is an area where you check in before you go into the dome (and through security etc..) You can give your bags to the porters to put onto the ship. They normally assign you a group number to be called when its your turn to board but since you won't be there till 1:00 you may not need it. My suggestion is to give all your bags to the porter, check-in and then walk to the queen mary and board the red bus. It took about 15 minutes to get from the pier to the Renaissance Hotel which is no more than a couple miles away from the shopping area. It maybe a 20 to 25 minute ride each way. You should return to the ship by about 2:30.

I'll be back there this November!

Have fun!

Archived