San Pedro Port Questions

soprano

Does anyone have the actual address of the Port of Los Angeles? I want to be able to put it into our GPS when we get into the LA area, but all I can find is a p.o. box and an administrative building that doesn't seem too near the World Cruise Terminal.

Also, does anyone remember what time the parking lots open for departing passengers?

Thanks so much!!

Does anyone have the actual address of the Port of Los Angeles? I want to be able to put it into our GPS when we get into the LA area, but all I can find is a p.o. box and an administrative building that doesn't seem too near the World Cruise Terminal.

Also, does anyone remember what time the parking lots open for departing passengers?

Thanks so much!!

Try this link. Gives a Google map address and parking lot hours.

http://www.sanpedro.com/spcom/crusshp.htm

Thanks so much!!

World Cruise Center: 600 N. Harbor Blvd., San Pedro, CA 90731

I have no idea when the parking lots open up.

Enjoy!

The following information was provided in my cruise paperwork. Note, the address for GPS Directions.

PIER DETAILS

Los Angeles World Cruise Center

Berths 87,91,92,93

San Pedro, CA 90731

(310) 514-4049

http://www.portoflosangeles.org

Address for GPS directions:

500 North Front Street

San Pedro, CA 90731

Thanks so much!!

Thanks so much!!

Not sure about the parking lot times, but if you are driving on the Harbor Freeway, the off-ramp is a little tricky. You need to get in the far right lane so you don't go on the Vincent Thomas bridge, then after that you need to move back left one lane to get into the World Cruise Terminal. This happens in a pretty short space, so be aggressive !!

You should be able to get into the parking lot anytime after 8am. That is when the incoming ships are scheduled.

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure about the parking lot times, but if you are driving on the Harbor Freeway, the off-ramp is a little tricky. You need to get in the far right lane so you don't go on the Vincent Thomas bridge, then after that you need to move back left one lane to get into the World Cruise Terminal. This happens in a pretty short space, so be aggressive !!

You should be able to get into the parking lot anytime after 8am. That is when the incoming ships are scheduled.

San Pedro is the worst designed parking lot ever in terms of getting out. It took us more than 1 1/2 hours to get out of it. There were only 3 toll-booths for the whole area. Imaging having hundreds (if not thousands) of cars all trying to leave with only 3 booths.

The best part, if you are 1 minute over your previous week's incoming time, they ding you another $12 because you parked another "day." We arrive on the previous Saturday at 11:40am and left around 11:50a due to their inefficiency, $96 ($12 x 8 days). Cha-ching! Of course there is no incentive for them to improve this.

Bring lots of patience when exiting. Scope out where the exit booth is and park closer to that (which is the opposite end of the terminal). You will thank me later! :p

• 1 month later...
Everybody EXCEPT Carnival. Carnival sails out of the Port of Long Beach.

Carnival Spirit sails out of the San Pedro port for the 09/23/11- 01/01/12 Sailings Only. That is where we are leaving from.

We haven't had problems whenever leaving the parking lot, unless it's a more recent thing.

And I would definitely stay in the middle lane getting off the Harbor freeway. When the light turns green, you just follow the other cars and drive across Harbor Blvd. into the entrance of the WCC. I wouldn't even bother with GPS.

Archived