Peanut Butter and Jelly

DKLI

In the buffet you will find little containers of peanut butter. Just ask where they are. I found that my peanut butter and jelly addicted child lost interest in it when he saw all the other choices. But you can just make your own sandwiches with the bread, jelly and peanut butter that you can get in the buffet at breakfast for sure (and I know they will provide it when asked).

We just got off Oasis and I found this to be a little difficult. I was all over the Windjammer looking for peanut butter at lunchtime and there was none. I finally had to ask someone and they got me some from the back. The bread is also another issue. The only sliced bread I could find at lunch in the Windjammer was full of nuts and seeds, not something I wanted to introduce my son to at sea!! I finally found some white bread at breakfast where the toast is and had to ask the guy to give to to me untoasted. It was awful bread too, but did the job a little.

One morning we also used a plain bagel. You won't find anything like Wonder Bread or Pepperidge Farm, etc and I did not see any pre-made pb&j sandwiches anywhere.

The ships all have white bread, jelly and peanut butter. One solution though that I used one year were the individual packages of skippy peanut butter (they look like go-gurts). You can find these at places like Target and Walmart. My son loved just eating the peanut butter out of the tube and I would keep these handy in my pool bag.

But the next cruise I forgot these and although they did have peanut butter in the buffet... he saw all the other things for lunch and especially liked the hamburgers by the pool. So he started to abandon the peanut butter all together.

Good luck!

Remember a couple of years ago when we had the peanut butter problem? Well the cruise ships stopped serving peanut butter and jelly; they were worried about the peanut butter, I guess. Now, it is back on the room service menus. You can always just order room service.

Nancy

Archived