Wine package - can it be shared?

ML81

I'm now able to book the wine package online but I just want to check, can DH and I share the wine package even though I'm just putting it against my name?

I'd hate to be in a position where we have some waiter refusing to pour DH wine just because it's only my sail pass. Plus I'd end up with perpetual hangovers if I had to drink all bottles on my own. :rolleyes::cool::o

You can share with anyone.:) The only thing is you will have the wine pkg sticker on your card, hubby will not, so when ordering the wine from any venue, you will need to use your seapass card.

You can do anything you want with the wine from your package, including taking bottles back to your cabin after dinner. The waiters won't refuse to serve wine to someone (at your request) just because their name isn't on the package.

On our first cruise, we left the ship a day early, but we arranged for the last bottle in our package to be given to our tablemates on the final evening. On other cruises, we have treated everyone at our table to wine on the last night of the cruise. And on our most recent cruise, on formal night I gave a bottle of champagne to the young servicemen at the next table as thanks for their military service.

Sharing worked perfectly on our recent family cruise. My two brothers and I each bought 7-bottle wine package so for 7 night cruise we had three bottle a night for our table of eight (with Mom & Dad and our wives). We used each package in turn to make it easier for the waiters rather than mix each night. Ended up getting a couple ala carte bottles along the way but otherwise it came out a perfect way to split the wine bill and saved a bit too.

On prior cruises my wife and I always share (I pay and she shares with me ;) ) but one bottle a night and we usually had a bit left to take back to cabin.

Hi,

I just wanted to make sure that everything has been cleared up for you.

You and your husband or anyone else can share the wine but it can only be ordered using the sea pass that the package has been aligned to on purchase.

You will each have a sea pass but the one used to purchase the wine package will have a sticker on it. They monitor the bottles of wine claimed against the package and when the last one has been ordered they cross out the sticker.

We used it on our last cruise (you can purchase on board) and chose the middle package because it seemed to be better value for money with a wider range than the cheapest and not much less than the top package.

We will certainly use it again because there is a marginal cost saving.

Del.

Archived