Louisburg Fortress in May??

Booked on the Maasdam May 21 (Montreal to Boston). From my research, I have found out Louisburg is not fully operational until June (so no costumed staff etc in May). The admission is much lower in May which makes me wonder is it even worth going to the Fortress in May? This is my first time there and I have listened to my Dad rave for years how wonderful the fortress is but he went during peak season when it was fully operational. Has anyone out there gone during non-peak season? Worth it? Disappointed? If you don't recommend going, where would you recommend? Thanks to all that respond!:D

It depends upon how into history you are. To me the animators bring the place alive. You can ask questions and they will reply in character. You really feel immersed into a French outpost in 1744.

A good alternative is to rent a car and go to Baddeck and the Alexander Graham Bell Museum. Usually I would say to combine this with a visit to the Highland Village in Iona but this will not be open. However the drive is lovely so I would still recommend going there, and you can go back to Sydney on back roads. (Search for previous posts!)

Archived