No Evolution of Fun upgrades for the Elation and Paradise...

*Mach*

From John Heald...

I can confirm that the Carnival Elation and Carnival Paradise will not get the water parks during their next Dry Docks. A beard is preparing a list of the additions they will be getting and I will post that as soon as I get it.

Hummm... makes me wonder what they have in store for those two ships...

:rolleyes:

Yaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

THANKS MACH!

You totally made my night! I'm so glad Paradise will only be an hour away. This makes losing Inspiration a little easier. I just really hope they have looked at the pros and cons of the EOF and just decided against it for those two, and are not planning on them leaving the fleet.

I was once a fan of the EOF. But after having done a few cruises on the ships that have had it, I've changed my mind. It just doesn't work well. The water park eliminates the aft (adult) pool, leaving just one pool for 2000+ people. So now the kids have the main pool overrun, as well as the Waterworks. All the adults get is a little area at the back of the ship with no breeze and two small whirlpools. I think the design worked much better pre-EOF. Families get the main pool with it's slide, adults get the aft pool, and little ones have the kiddie pool. Works great for everyone. Plus, the ship looks better without the garish water slide.

I had never thought about the pre-EOV design....y'all make some good points.

Perhaps they are putting it off until they have the time to add the balconies??

My PVP swears that these ships WILL get the EOF upgrades, and what John Heald said in his blog is that they will not get the upgrades RIGHT NOW.

The way that John Heald's statement is written can definitely be interpreted either way...:confused:

Yaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

THANKS MACH!

You totally made my night! I'm so glad Paradise will only be an hour away. This makes losing Inspiration a little easier. I just really hope they have looked at the pros and cons of the EOF and just decided against it for those two, and are not planning on them leaving the fleet.

I was once a fan of the EOF. But after having done a few cruises on the ships that have had it, I've changed my mind. It just doesn't work well. The water park eliminates the aft (adult) pool, leaving just one pool for 2000+ people. So now the kids have the main pool overrun, as well as the Waterworks. All the adults get is a little area at the back of the ship with no breeze and two small whirlpools. I think the design worked much better pre-EOF. Families get the main pool with it's slide, adults get the aft pool, and little ones have the kiddie pool. Works great for everyone. Plus, the ship looks better without the garish water slide.

Since I'm in Tampa, I've been considering the Paradise as an option for a future fall cruise. On both my after-EOF cruises on Sensation and Inspiration, I was kinda miffed at only having the single lido pool which was always loud and had kids running about all over the place (on the sea day we had a 'floater' and as a result the crew had to drain and sanitize the pool-a major headache). I figured that's what the waterworks area was for - it too was loud and had kids everywhere. The serenity areas are great, but not having a pool there to cool down is a drawback. They ought to leave the aft pool area alone on these two (or maybe move the serenity area to the aft lido) and look into updating the central lido slide or something to that effect. Obviously, I'm sure these ships do need some general sprucing up and most of that will probably be covered in dry dock.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't believe I missed this thread! I'm so excited! We dont like EOF either. My teen wants to sail with basketball. I wish I had known and we would have been looking at the Paradise more seriously. I just wish now they would change one of the Port Canaveral Fantasy Class to different ship!

Where is the Elation moving to when it leaves Mobile later this year?

Elation is going over to New Orleans. Ecstasy is then moving from NOLA to Canaveral (I believe, East Coast for sure).

I did like the Palm trees etc on the lido deck part of the EOF upgrade.;)

Elation is going over to New Orleans. Ecstasy is then moving from NOLA to Canaveral (I believe, East Coast for sure).

I did like the Palm trees etc on the lido deck part of the EOF upgrade.;)

I just got back from a cruise out of NOLA on the Triumph-so right now there are 2 ships based in NOLA? Do you know if the Triumph is going to stay in NOLA? I hate losing Mobile as a port because of the convenience from my home but NOLA is an awesome port.

On Carnival's website it looks like you can book the Paradise from Tampa beginning in December of this year. Looks like I will be on one of the last trips of the Inspiration from Tampa! I really like the Inspiration and living here makes it so convenient to cruise!

I just got back from a cruise out of NOLA on the Triumph-so right now there are 2 ships based in NOLA? Do you know if the Triumph is going to stay in NOLA? I hate losing Mobile as a port because of the convenience from my home but NOLA is an awesome port.

NOLA only has one ship right now, the Triumph. Later this year NOLA will have two ships though, the Conquest and the Elation.

The triumph will be going to Galveston later this year. The first cruise out of Galveston is October 6th, and the last listed sailing out of NOLA is Spetember 17th,which get's back on the 22nd of September.

• 2 weeks later...
Since I'm in Tampa, I've been considering the Paradise as an option for a future fall cruise. On both my after-EOF cruises on Sensation and Inspiration, I was kinda miffed at only having the single lido pool which was always loud and had kids running about all over the place (on the sea day we had a 'floater' and as a result the crew had to drain and sanitize the pool-a major headache). I figured that's what the waterworks area was for - it too was loud and had kids everywhere. The serenity areas are great, but not having a pool there to cool down is a drawback. They ought to leave the aft pool area alone on these two (or maybe move the serenity area to the aft lido) and look into updating the central lido slide or something to that effect. Obviously, I'm sure these ships do need some general sprucing up and most of that will probably be covered in dry dock.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one unhappy with certain aspects of the EOF. The whole thing would have worked better if one of two things would have happened:

1) Left the original aft pool in place. Since it would have been right in the middle of the Water Works, it would have drawn the kids away from the "resort style" main pool. Now its nothing of the sort with all the kids constantly overrunning it.

2) Add a better water slide to the main pool (it already had a slide anyway), which would make it a family area. Add the spray park and small slides to the old kiddie pool area (where Serenity is now) for the little ones. The aft pool area could have then been made into Serenity. It would have had its own bar and pool, putting it on par with RCI's wonderful Solarium areas.

Just my opinion, not that it matters much now since most of them have already been changed. Hopefully if CCL reads these boards they might see our feedback in case Elation and Paradise ever do go in for upgrades.

• 3 weeks later...
From John Heald...

I can confirm that the Carnival Elation and Carnival Paradise will not get the water parks during their next Dry Docks. A beard is preparing a list of the additions they will be getting and I will post that as soon as I get it.

He anyone seen this list of additions. It has been 2 months so surely John has it by now.

Archived