Hairstyles

piperlee

Guess no one else wants to see a picture:(

any other tips would be great for hairstyles.

Its hard when you in hot weather so you want your hair up in a pony tail.

Then at night you want something stylish so you pull it down oly to be left with a bump. So you either have to try straighten in or ya have to wash it, very frustrating. I might have to hang out on you tube a bit and practice some styles before i go

• 1 year later...

I have chin length naturally curly hair. I usually flat iron it for the evenings and it falls right below my chin. By the time we get back to the room most of my curl is back. I don't bother doing anything with my hair during the day, it takes about 5 minutes on deck before I look like I just pulled my finger out of a light socket. My hair isn't long enough to pull back into a pony tail but I have started to wear headbands, I know I'm too old for them, but sometimes you just want to get your unruly hair out of your face while on deck.

I have shoulder-length thick, straight hair (with long layers) that absolutely HATES humidity, but I love cruising and beaches! I always get frustrated with my hair in hot, humid places, but before my cruise last month, I found this blog:

http://www.thesmallthingsblog.com/p/hair-style-tutorials.html

Under her hair tutorials, there are lots of cute "messy" ponytails, up-does, half-updos, and curling ideas. I've been curling my hair since early May and did throughout my cruise. Even if it "fell", it still looked better than when my normal straight style fell, and was much less frizzy. And, since I've been back, on really muggy days at home, I can easily twist the sides and clip with a mini clip or pull in a cute ponytail.

I love the ideas on this blog!

Also, I always keep extra elastics and small and large clips in my purse or beach bag.

And, due to skin concerns, I now have a small collection of cute hats that are always helpful in disguising the frizzies.

Some pics:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-KcbLIuxQN-k/T9wHYEf9nxI/AAAAAAAAAA0/Ff6s89A8ZgY/s640/IMG_3640.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-_4ndv_oFxE4/T9wGyGdUQ7I/AAAAAAAAAAk/hsD1-SFBelA/s512/IMG_3404.JPG

Good luck! :D

I took a look at some of the hairstyles and they look good but i find they dont work well with my hair.

I am seen alot of demos but they all seem to be done on thick hair mine is fine. Also some styles look way better on blonde hair than my dark brown, sometimes you cant even see i have taken the time to do something intricate.

When i do a "messy" style it just looks messy, lol

I took a look at some of the hairstyles and they look good but i find they dont work well with my hair.

I am seen alot of demos but they all seem to be done on thick hair mine is fine. Also some styles look way better on blonde hair than my dark brown, sometimes you cant even see i have taken the time to do something intricate.

When i do a "messy" style it just looks messy, lol

I have lots of fine hair, and it was waist-to-hip-length for years. During that time, I became addicted to hair sticks. I found that wood hair sticks, especially the type with square, flat, or twisted sticks, made even simple ponytails and updos look more pulled-together. (Round sticks don't always hold as well in fine hair; the same goes for plastic!)

There are tons of gorgeous handmade hair sticks on Etsy, for example.

Archived