Where to eat in Ensenada?

dsmagiccity

It's a long walk. For me anyway.

There is one place I saw, but can't remember the name of it. It's right where the 2 main streest intersect, by a clothing store.

Stay on the main streets. Don't go off on the side streets. We're going back in Feb.

Pat

DON'T EAT IN ENSENADA. Just buy bottled drinks at the stores and eat on the ship. Out of 100 persons you could be the one to get real sick from the germs. They don't have clean water. Don't drink the icee drinks either. Their ice and water at the restarants may be super clean but the germs could come from the salsa, licking your fingers, etc.

My niece got real sick after eating in Ensenada. I warned her not to eat there. She blamed the ship's food. Everybody blames the ships because it takes a day for the germs to make you ill.

If your ship stops in Catalina Island... go eat Mexican food there. Just walk to the far right of the front street and you will find a great restaurant. There are lots of Mexicans living in Catalina Island. My sister's ex-husband has 400 relatives living there since Catalina Island was established. Their family name is Cortez.

You will have lots of fun on the Paradise ship. LucyR.

We're going on Paradise on 4/18 and plan to just stay close to port in Ensenada, no excursion, does anyone have a great authentic mexican restaurant to recommend that it at or very close to the port? Thanks.

If you wanna go eat, then do so...When you are walking down the main street there used to be a restaurant that had some tan umbrellas set up on the sidewalk on the left side of the street...we went there because Papas and Beer was so expensive for NOTHING....The food at this place was really good!! So were the drinks. Have a great time!:D

Please don't listen to these people. Get off the ship. It is only a 15-20 minute walk (1 mile) to the main shopping area of Ensenada on Mateo Lopez. Here is a link to a post about 2 places where we eat.

Here is a link to a post for a map that I made for another thread.

I have never had anyone traveling with me get sick in Ensenada including children, but I have gotten sick from the food on the ship.

Please don't listen to these people. Get off the ship. It is only a 15-20 minute walk (1 mile) to the main shopping area of Ensenada on Mateo Lopez. Here is a link to a post about 2 places where we eat.

Here is a link to a post for a map that I made for another thread.

I have never had anyone traveling with me get sick in Ensenada including children, but I have gotten sick from the food on the ship.

Agreed. We took the shuttle back into town ($2pp there, $1pp back) and walked two blocks to El Corralita. Fantastic margaritas and fresh tacos.

We've had great luck eating in Ensenada also. Much better than on the dock in Puerta Vallarta! That was a ripoff! There are great places to eat in PV but that's not one of them.

Some of the best places I've found for food is from asking the locals. There's a small place by a market in Ocho Rios that gave my wife and I the best meal we've ever had! We were the only ones there. We got the info from a taxi driver we asked in the market. We simply asked him where HE eats.

I can't tell you the name of the place, but it is where the locals go. We walked all over and ended up here, the people we saw in there were people we saw walking from 8 blocks away.

In addition to being good, it was cheap. 8 carne asada tacos and 3 sodas, 8 bucks. Yup, 8 bucks. And all the condiments, salsa, cilantro, onions, tomatos, etc, were on the counter to help yourself.

To get there, Go to Papas n Beers. When standing at the front door to get in, turn to your right and head towards the water. This place is maybe 1/2 block down the street. It's tiny! real tiny! maybe 4 tables and the bar of the grill. Menu is in spanish only. Limited english.

Amazing lunch!

• 5 weeks later...

Listen to Rosefloater. We have been to Ensenada a dozen times over and Taqueria Lindo is where we always eat. It is a well known family business that has been owned by the same family for about 15 years now. They have the best tacos in town and they cook it right up front for you to see.

And the well know places and bars have bottled water and their ice machines are filtered........

Listen to Rosefloater. We have been to Ensenada a dozen times over and Taqueria Lindo is where we always eat. It is a well known family business that has been owned by the same family for about 15 years now. They have the best tacos in town and they cook it right up front for you to see.

And the well know places and bars have bottled water and their ice machines are filtered........

Here are some pictures so MissDiva1 can drool.:D Just ate there last week. The tacos al pastor and the fish tacos are great. Tacos are $1.35.

011610-Ensenada-TaqueriaLindainside.jpgTaqueriaLindoprices.jpg

DSCF0317.jpgGEDC3035.jpgDSCF0316.jpg

Archived