What's open?

Jenn W

I want to try the canopy tour and go to the Iguana Farm, but we arrive on the Carnival Valor at 7am which is supposed to be 6am their time. So what is really open anyway? I figure it'll take us a while to get a tender and drive to wherever we go, but still it seems early to us. Is anything open? Has anyone been at that time and what was possible?

Jenn

Jenn,

Believe me, the island is open when you come ashore. The Jungle Canopy tour and the Iguana Farm are not to far from each other. Remember to bring your swim things as the Canopy Tour ends right near Palmetto Bay Resort. Contact TropicalRez, they'll be able to sort out all you plans. The Canopy tour that is near Tabyana is too far away and you'd spend too much time being transported from one spot to the other. Enjoy.

Hey, Island Dweller!

Some quick questions for you! I thought the "new" canopy tour that ended at Palmetto Bay was further away, or is it just further away from the action? Also, have you done this tour? Can you compare it to the one at Tabyana??

Thanks so much!

I actually have not done either, but I do live on Roatan and know where places are and their proximity to the cruiseship dock. The canopy tour near Tabyana is great fun, but if you were to do the iguana farm and that canopy tour and tabyana beach, your time would be mostly spent in a bus/taxi as they are about an hour and fifteen minutes away from each other. The Jungle Canopy is only 10 minutes away from the Iguana Farm.

Without doing a package "tour" are there beaches close to the canopy tour that you can go to? I couldn't figure out the fees for Gumba park. I'd hate to pay a fortune to wait for my hubby while he is on the tour. I was hoping the website would be updated so I would know what they have.

My problem is that we plan to pay for a taxi to drive us all day. Hope to go to the canopy tour first although only 1 adult will do that while my 2 year old and I hang out and wait. My 2 year old likes to walk so we'll probably go for a short walk. Then, all of us want to go to the iguana farm and then all of us to the beach. I know it sounds like a lot to do, but we can skip the iguanas if we are short on time and we only hang at the beach for an hour or so.

Can you compare the 2 canopy tours? I've never been to either so don't know which we prefer. I figure I'll have to see which one is open! There is a lot fo confusion on the boards about the canopy tours. They aren't offered by our cruise boat so we want to do on our own. I emailed tropical res a while ago, but I'm not sure it will work. I'm not sure of the exact time we want picking up since it depends on the tenders and only 1 wants the canopy tour and iguana, 1 only for iguana and the 2 year old who knows what she'll want so we try to stay flexible!

Jenn

• 2 weeks later...

Archived