Ship docks 10am; Stingray trip starts 10am

afreil

I was hoping to do Stingray City with Captain Marvins. If our ship is scheduled to dock at 10 am and Captain Marvin's morning trip begins at 10 am how does that work? Will they wait for you to get off the ship?

its most likely island time 10 am which will be different then ship time. If I remember correctly it was an hour earlier local time. I would send them and email to confirm their time is your ship time or their time.

We just got back from Cayman for a week-long vacation. Email Captain Marvin's and they will be able to tell you if the excursion will work for you. They know the ship time vs. island time and what each ship is doing. One year we were there for a vacation and the ships were all pulling out early (a storm was coming) and they were busy working with everyone so they could have their day with the stingrays.

This time we had Denver (Captain Marvin's son) as our captain. We've seen Cap't Marvin, but never met him. Denver went inside the house and asked his dad to come out and were able to talk with him and get a few pictures. They are really a nice family. We are impressed with their boats and how they keep them in good shape. It's quite an operation. :)

We visit the sandbar when there are no ships in port and it is amazing. One year we were the only boat on the sandbar. I never tire of seeing the stingrays. It's just an amazing experience.

We bought the photos (they put them on a disk right on the boat for you) they took of us. I think we paid $45 US for our photos. I don't remember exactly how many were on the disk, but it might have been 20. I need to look for it and check! I am still unpacking.

I am so envious of the people that live there or spend more than a week (like us) a year there. It's paradise. We've visited pretty much all the Caribbean islands and Cayman is the only one we keep coming back to for a land vacation. You can rent a car and drive anywhere on the island. Just use the same precautions you'd use at home and you'll be fine. We love it there!!

The only problem we had this time is the power kept going out. One night it was for 2 hours, and the next it was for a little over an hour. Power went out when we were at Hell and one time when we were downtown shopping. It was no biggie to us (well, hubby wanted to watch the basketball games and it was challenging). I don't remember exactly what the hotel employee told us, but I think it had to do with the power company doing upgrades.

Edited to add: Cayman doesn't participate in Daylight Savings so this time of year they are the same time as the Central Zone (where we live). During the winter, they are the same as the Eastern. You just have to find out when the DS dates are and compare to them to the time of year you're cruising. Some ships change their clocks to match island time and some don't, but CM's will know this info. :)

Hello, I just spoke with someone about this today. Here is what I was told hope it helps.

My ship being Carnival Legend

Your ship stays on Eastern Daylight time here, which is one hour ahead of local time, so it will be 9 AM here when you ship arrives. However, this does not give you enough time to get to our office by 9:15 which is the latest check-in time for our 10 AM trip. We recommend our 11:15 two-stop trip for Carnival Legend passengers because of your schedule. This trip goes to the Stingray City sandbar plus one snorkeling stop and costs US$38.88/person, with check-in no later than 10:45 local time (11:45 ship's time).

Archived