Balcony vs. mini-suite

rodger24x7

With a mini-suite your cabin is a little larger and you have more storage. There's also a curtain to divide the bed from the sitting area. You also have a bathtub/shower combination in the mini-suite. And the balcony is slightly larger because the room is a little wider. The main difference is you get more space in the mini-suite.

Yes...above is correct! The mini-suite is 80 square feet larger :eek:. We had a BA balcony, and we were able to have a look at a mini suite.....would spend the extra money for a mini suite! There was 3 of us in our room, and when the sofa bed was made up, we actually had to step on to and over the bed to get to the balcony. You have way more room in a mini suite! There was way more storage space as mentioned also! We only had one suitcase each, so can't imagine having to store away 2 suitcases per person! Depends on how much stuff you take!! Enjoy!!

I believe that in addition to the benefits listed above, the mini-suites on the Star and Dawn have a deeper balcony with reclining deck chairs (not full loungers). If you look at exterior pictures of either ship, you can see that the balconies extend further out on deck 11 (where the mini-suites are).

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't been in a mini-suite yet, but booked one on the Dawn in October.

As for your question about location.....keep in mind what is above you. You may not want to be under the buffet, or pool area (noise from sliding chairs).

I can't speak from personal experience, but have read it on other posts.

That is correct. However, and we always book minisuites, you're only one deck away from all the action on deck 12 (pool, buffet, etc). Easy access to many other venue's. Never really noticed the noise. Just sayin............:)

In the mini suite we were in, once the sofa was made out to a bed, there was still room to walk by (sideways) to get to and from the balcony. We were impressed with the storage and space, as compared to a balcony.

The minis are on 11, and yes, they are under busy areas above. However, we were mid ship, under the buffet and we heard very little from above. I would recommend a mini over a balcony.

Just got back from the Jewel. Had a mini-suite and will never go lower again. More drawers and a huge closet with double doors plenty of space and a light in the closet.

The bathroom was much larger due to having a tub. The toilet area is larger and more comfortable.

As far as being below the buffet and pool area, we never heard a bump or anything. The balcony is larger too, it was great being able to move around.

I highly recommend a mini.

We will be getting one on the Star next year.

Archived