Can I say something about Carnival???

I see Carnival get trashed all the time and I am sick of it. Carnival really helped me out when I had to cancel when I found out I had cancer. They were awesome.

I read the following post in the news lately. It was about a child who was airlifted off the Carnival Dream in March. Many took the opportunity to once again trash Carnival.

Hey everyone, that's my 14 year old grandson you're talking about. First of all, it was discovered that he had two bleeding ulcers. He is stabilized and doing better. Hopefully, the entire family will come home on Friday. Now, as for Carnival Cruise Line, you could not have asked for better treatment than they gave. I am told by my daughter that a total of 65 people were involved from the beginning of this incident until today's activities. From my understanding Carnival has gone beyond the normal care that one would get anywhere else. From making arrangements of the helicopter to seeing my son-in-law getting from St. Thomas to San Juan and having vehicles waiting for him at every location (port and airport) to making hotel arrangements. I have personally been on 12 Carnival cruises throughout the world and have always experienced great service. This incident's care doesn't surprise me. For those of you who bad mouth CCL you should think twice about what you say. As for jdones, you're an insensitive idiot that adds nothing to the conversation but to bad rap any chance you get! There is nothing alse you can read into his comment, @shashana!

As a grandpa I say thank you Carnival. I will be taking my grandson on a cruise in the near future. Tom

Flag as Inappropriate

Mar. 31, 2011 1:56pm EST | from LeftyJeff

Glad to hear your grandson is on the road to recovery. As for the idiots, maybe they should thank God that it wasnt one of their family members. Wonder what their response would be if the shoe was on the other foot.

Thank you, Tom.

Few people understand how focused Carnival is on their guests. I've seen folks from Carnival go above and beyond time and time again to make something special happen or to assist when there is a personal tragedy.

Most impressive, however, is that they make no effort to draw attention to the good they do...

:)

I'm really glad they were able to work with you and I hope all is well with you healthwise now...but your positive experience doesn't negate some elses negative experience. That's just not fair to say because they did something wonderful for you no one else is able to be displeased with them.

ummm... I DON'T think the poster is the sick boys' grandfather...

That said..what's life without a bit of drama..?

Glad to see that you are not deterred by the naysayers who have nothing better to do... Your grandson will LOVE cruising I am sure!

I'm really glad they were able to work with you and I hope all is well with you healthwise now...but your positive experience doesn't negate some elses negative experience. That's just not fair to say because they did something wonderful for you no one else is able to be displeased with them.

There is nothing wrong with posting your dis pleasure about Carnival

Thisngs happen and sometimes a good vent makes you feel better.

But with the Carnival bashing that goes on in here sometimes, you would think they should be out of Biz, or sailing with empty cabins.

Carnival could give cabins away, but if they were really as bad as some posts make them out to be, even free would not be cheap enough.

Been on 4 Carnival cruises, each one was what it was. Perfect? Pretty close, but I an not as picky as some folks either.

I think the majority on this board think its and awesome cruiseline. Its also the largest and most successful cruiseline in the world and wouldnt be that way if it werent for the great way they run their ships! Glad your grandson got the best treatment possible and best wished for a speedy recovery

Good to hear on carnival"s part & hope your cancer is in remission or your cancer free! Carnival's customer service was great from my experience as well! We were 8 hours late arriving in port & I didnt use Carnival's fly aweigh program but they assisted us with new flights & letterheads signed so I can submit them to my airline & my mother being disabled & cant walk long distances they were always there & very willing to assist her & push her around in a wheelchair in port! sorry thats my rant!

Archived