Diving

Sunset Rider

I'm in the process of getting certified. When we go there should we use Carnivals excursion Dive offer or is there a better place to look

It may be too late, but I would suggest trying Scuba with Alison. Just do a google search for Scuba with Alison Cozumel. She usually fills up quickly because she only takes out six divers. She is very personable, and will take in to account your diving experience level without making you feel like an idiot in the process. My wife and I went out with her last year when we only had 10 or so dives under out belt, and she was great. We are booked to go out with her again next month.

~Mike

I booked the 2 tank dive in Cozumel with Carnival, and I was actually pretty pleased.

We were late getting back to the ship, and the dive staff was in constant communication with our ship to make sure we weren't stranded on the island.

Plus, the 2 reefs that we visited were pretty good, and although there were several people on our boat, we were broken into groups of 6-8 people and received quite personal attention.

I would recommend it mainly for the sake of not running over and being left in Cozumel. :)

not sure at what time you disembark, but the peace of mind of not getting left behind might more importance as a cruiser than as a diver. If you really want to go on yourself (private dive operator) I would recommend getting into the scubaboards forums. (http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/) and do some good research there. I did some years ago and wasnt dissappointed at all.

Archived