Where is Major Tom?

Zchiliman

We have a reservation for Major Tom for an upcoming trip and have tried to contact Major Tom but have not gotten any reply to our emails. We recently went to their website and it no longer exists. Any ideas?

Any other recommendations for cave tubing in Belize?

We just got back from the Carnival Legend and used Explore Belize Caves in Belize for cavetubing. Dennis' guys did a great job and we were very happy with our tour. We had Eric and Darwin accompany us. They use new tubes which have the mesh on the bottom and you don't get very wet. We continued on our trip when the cruise tours got off and our walk through the "dry" rain forest was very informative and we went on a little longer walk as the cruise tours do the shorter route. Check them out!

Tom is still there. Maybe you have the wrong website? I just checked his page and it's working fine.

Correct site is www(dot)cave-tubing(dot)net. Email is info@cave-tubing(dot)net .

Have fun! :D Be going that way next January myself!

We are just back from cave tubing on 4/5 with Charlie Chan, charliescavetubing.com. It was the highlight of our trip. He is a very well known and respected local ecologist type. We were concerned about some of the negative reviews regarding the larger tours with .com, .net, and .bz. Mostly the waiting and waiting for late comers during the drive and crowds when loading into the river. We also didn't want to do the local chicken lunch. Our solution was to book a PRIVATE tour for just our family of 4 with Charlie. Instead of $50 pp it was $70pp but that was still cheaper than Carnival. We were literally the first people to leave the pier and the first people to arrive at the cave tubing site. We were the only people on the path for the longest time and as a result we got to see and hear howler monkeys! We opted for a longer hike to do more caves as we knew we would have time since we were skipping lunch.

Thanks for the feedback. I did confirm we were going to the correct website ... it just seemed to "reappear" ... We also have gotten multiple emails in the last two days from Major Tom answering some of our questions, so that has also encouraging.

The idea of the private tour is also very nice. Charlie's website did not mention private tours, so I am afraid due to our short notice it would be difficult to arrange via email only.

Thanks again everyone ...

• 2 weeks later...

Like the previous poster said just make sure you have the correct website because Major Tom is alive and well. Infact just spoke with him via email about a tour for some friends that will be visiting Belize later this year.

Major Tom is wonderful I know you will enjoy your tour with him, we surely did. My son could not stop talking about all the fun he had with Major Tom's son Minor Tom, what a great kid I know why is father is proud of him, I sure would be.

Archived