Private Altun Ha?

BubMunkeyBles

Looking for a private Altun Ha so we can bring our two kids (will be 1 and 3 when we go). Carnival only has two excursions that we can take our kids on and neither appeal to us and the 1 year old can only be in the kids program for 4 hours it seems. The kids travel a lot and have traveled extensively through Europe with us so not worried about that aspect really.

Any advice on good company's would be great.

we did this excursion with belizecruiseexcursions.com last september. It wasn't supposed to be but ended up being a private excursion. I'd recommend it but, if I were to do it again, I would make arrangements with them to have the tour leave earler. It got really hot out there by mid day. We still beat the cruise ship tour by at least 45 mins which was nice because our pix have no one else but us in them!

we booked it privately for the exact same reason. we were traveling with my 2.5 yr old dd. The drive isn't exciting--although on the way back they'll stop somewhere to look at iguanas if you want --but the ruins themselves were actually pretty kid friendly. Let's face it, there's nothing for them to break out there ;) My dd ran around, dh carried her up to the top and we had a good time!

susan

We just returned from a Carnival Valor cruise and doing a private tour of Altun Ha/Belize Zoo and have nothing but good to say about Shore Trips as the company to go with. We had 3 of us in a private SUV and went to the Belize Zoo for a private walking tour before going with our guide for a private tour of the ruins. He was patient, considerate, clean, and bi-lingual. Huge buses were pulling up and we just walked right on by with our guide and climbed all over the ruins taking photos and learning fantastic details about its history. Here is a link to the tour we went on: https://secure.shoretrips.com/common/search4.asp?tcode=006867

Don't hesitate to contact us back if more info. is desired.

Archived