specialty restaurants on azamara

jphil

I am confused. Cani make reservations before we board and is there an extra charge?

Also, can we ask for something not on the menu in the regular dining room like steak, lobster or lamb chops?

Never been on Azamara before..

thanks,

diane

You cannot reserve in advance. One of the first things to do upon boarding is to go up to Aqualina (where specialty restaurant booking is done) and make your bookings. We did not have a problem getting any night we wanted. We booked for a late time (8:30) but twice we turned up at 8 and were seated right away.

I cannot answer your other question, but steak and lamb are available pretty well every night in one form or another.

I am confused. Cani make reservations before we board and is there an extra charge?

Also, can we ask for something not on the menu in the regular dining room like steak, lobster or lamb chops?

Never been on Azamara before..

thanks,

diane

Hi Diane !

As Maryann mentioned, you cannot book Specialty Dining in advance. The charge $15.00 per person, and is well worth it. If you are in a Suite, it's complimentary. I suggest booking Specialty Dining early in your Cruise, as it was quite full towards the end of our Journey sailing last month.

Regarding the Main Dining Room, Steak and Lamb are generally available. I'm not sure if you can order Lobster (we didnt ask) in the MDR. However, it never hurts to ask, especially if you give them some notice. You will find the Staff on the ship extremely willing to please.

If you like Seafood, I highly recommend ordering the Chilled Seafood Appetizer in Aqualina. It's not to be missed. Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi all! I've read conflicting bits and pieces on the Azamara website so I've got to ask...

If you go to this page describing Oceanview Staterooms...

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plancruise/ships/cabinclass/cabintype/home.do?br=C&cabinType=OS&cabincls=O&shipCode=JR

It includes a blurb that says "Two nights guaranteed seating in specialty dining restaurants".

Do that mean we get two free nights or just that we'll be able to get seated even though we'll still have to pay? I thought it meant free, but now I'm not so sure. Thanks!

Thanks! Good to know. I suppose we'll try each restaurant once unless one of them really blows our socks off. I'm a steak person, but I have a feeling Aqualina will be more in line with our itinerary since it'll be a Mediterranean cruise.

Make reservations for twice in each. You can always cancel. There are three steaks on the Prime C menu and I think one on Aqualina's.

Good call! If we like Aqualina as much as I'm anticipating, we may head there twice instead of Prime C.

Archived