Carnival Pride April 3 Review w/Pictures

spideyfam

My wife (42) and myself (43) from Maine. We drove down to Logan in Boston to catch our plane. Dropped our car off at the Pre-Flight car lot. We had two free days because we park there frequently. The 8 days ended up to be $75. Went through security easily.

Got on the JetBlue flight with no problems. (found a spot in the overhead bins easily). Landed at BWI at about 7:00 and got our luggage in minutes. Called Sleep Inn for a pick up and we were at the hotel at 7:30. Went next door to eat at Rose's. It was attached to the Comfort Inn almost in the same parking lot. The food was VERY good, but the service was horrible.

Sleep Inn 6055 Belle Grove Road Baltimore --$75.00 a night

007.jpg

002.jpg

Woke up and went down stairs to see what was for breakfast. It was crowded! They had two differant cereals (Froot Loops and HN Cheerios), bread for toast, and assorted danishes. Coffee and OJ were also available. All I had were dry danishes (must be the same brand as the ship uses).

There was probably 20 teenagers from Brazil in the food area. After they left the woman stocking the breakfast area said she usually has fresh fruits out also, but in her experience they usually fill up their backbacks with everything.

Next we went to the Shell gas station across the street to get our 2 - 12 packs of Coke. We went inside and all they had were Pepsi products (oh the horror)!! I finally decided on Dr. Pepper and Mt. Dew.

We went back to the hotel to check on the shuttle to the port. They said they started taking names at 9 am. It is first come, first serve. We saw another couple signing up at 8:55 so we went over to sign up. We gave them our names and they said the shuttle is ready to leave. WHAT!?!? At 9 am?? More on that next post.

008.jpg

We, it's 9am. I look over at my wife and I tell her the shuttle is ready to leave. She says "really??". We get into the shuttle with a family, Dad, Mom, son, and grandparents. This was their first cruise. They asked and we told them this was our 10th, 9th with Carnival. They kept asking us questions, so we gave them answers. Hope we helped them out.

Well now it's 9:25 am when we pull into the port. The shuttle pulls up to the porters (only two working) and we give them our luggage. Our two suitcases were the first two they take for this cruise. We walk over to the terminal building to figure out how to get in. We stand outside with the family for about 10 minutes before we figure out which door to get in. We go through security and fill out our Flu papers. We take a seat (one we will be in for the next hour and a half).

There was a cool sign on the wall and I get my camera out to take the picture. I do. Within 10 seconds, security is there telling me I have to delete that picture. It is against the law to take a picture in any bla,bla,bla,bla. (we could not figure out what she said). So I delete it and she goes on her way. So I almost got arrested before we even got on the ship.

At about 11:00 (I think) we go up to check in to get our S & S cards. Of course we get into a line where the computer is locked up so we have to wait for it to be re-booted. So we get our cards and go sit down again (but in a different seat). We sit there about 30 more minutes or so. We were zone 5. After the three wedding parties and VIPs that was the first number called. We head to the ship.

010-1.jpg

We recently stayed at this Sleep In and found it very nice and they let you leave your car there for the week at no extra charge, and free shuttle to the port.

Free shuttle?? We had to pay $25 for both of us!!!!! I think I got hosed!

We are now on the ship. It was empty! We gabbed a few pics with nobody around then we to get our first meal on the ship. We always get a burger and fries. We find a seat and enjoy our meal. I was a little chilly, around 60 degrees with a breeze.

Our room would not be ready until 2:30 so we walked around for a little while longer. Snapped a few more pics. We are sure glad our carryon has wheels. The two 12 packs of soda would be killing me by now.

012.jpg

021.jpg

024-1.jpg

We went down to our room, 8138, around 2:30 and it was ready. It was like the other extended balconys we have had. Looked at the bed and we agreed we could not wait to sleep on it. Carnival has the most comfortable beds we have ever slept on.

Until this cruise. Not sure what it was, but we got up with back aches every morning. We could not get comfortable. If it was just one of us we would not have thought twice about it. But we both had uncomfortable nights. All 7 nights. We have never felt the line in between the beds before. On the last night we talked about it. We were not sure if the forgot to put on another liner or something like that.

These pictures may be a tad blurry. I had it on the wrong setting. We meant to retake them later in the week but we kept forgetting.

031.jpg

032.jpg

034.jpg

036.jpg

DH and I will be sailing on the Pride on May 1. We can hardly wait. I always enjoy reading reviews. Looking forward to reading the rest of yours. Keep up the good work!

You will love the ship. Wait until I post the nude pictures. But I guess it may be considered art.

I think you were the first one on the ship and I might have been the last one! Great report so far - it will be interesting to see how similar or different our experiences were. I'm working on my report too. But you need photos of you so that I know if we ran into you at some point during the week!

What are they?

Everybody on the ship (even children) have to answer two questions before the get on the ship. They ask if you have a fever and something else. If you answer no to both, you are golden. If you answer yes, I really do not know what happens. It may keep you from getting on the ship.

Sorry to hear that the bed wasn't comfortable, maybe you should have told the room steward about the bed being uncomfortable. The best bed I have ever slept on was on Holland America.

It sure looks like that building in the port had a fire, not a pretty sight.

Enjoying your review.

Archived