Carnival Pride April 3 Review w/Pictures

spideyfam

We sail on the Pride June 4th....this will be our 2nd try on the Pride. 1st sailing on her she was not my fav BUT we thought we would give her a 2nd try :D NO such thing as a bad cruise......and I have to agree :p

How cool is this? We sailed Destiny together and then we both sail Pride as our next cruise, LOL. I'm actually leaving the hubby home and sailing Pride with my 2 cousins. I can't wait!!!! It'll be number 7 for me, 6th with Carnival. I see your Platinum cruise will be Legend!!! You will LOVE her!the!!

Another bit of irony......On April 10, I was driving home from Baltimore and passed the Pride at 4pm during muster, hahhahah. How funny that you two had gotten off the ship that morning!!!

Thanks so much for the review. It will be my one cousin's 1st cruise! I can't wait to share this with her.

804661323_carnivalpride2.jpg.c1fcf2933c34ac8bc592b59ce665b448.jpg

949112543_carnivalpride.jpg.73bc2a8126325f88e2dbd0498dbcda4f.jpg

How cool is this? We sailed Destiny together and then we both sail Pride as our next cruise, LOL. I'm actually leaving the hubby home and sailing Pride with my 2 cousins. I can't wait!!!! It'll be number 7 for me, 6th with Carnival. I see your Platinum cruise will be Legend!!! You will LOVE her!the!!

Another bit of irony......On April 10, I was driving home from Baltimore and passed the Pride at 4pm during muster, hahhahah. How funny that you two had gotten off the ship that morning!!!

Thanks so much for the review. It will be my one cousin's 1st cruise! I can't wait to share this with her.

It's great to hear from you again! Are you sure your husband is not going? He said that last time but went with you!! At 4pm I had a really sad look on my face because I was getting ready to get on a plane. Hopefully we can sail together once again.

I want to go back to our first nights dinner for a minute.

There have been posts here where people are unhappy with their tablemates. We sat down at a booth for 4 people. (I sat BESIDE her-that was a subject a couple weeks ago) Finally another couple showed up. The first couple minutes were a little awkward. Then we started talking. We really enjoyed this couple.

We spent the rest of the week hanging out with them in the evening. We went to shows and the Superstar Live shows. That is where guests can sing with a live band. More on that couple later in the review.

Now here is the first Formal nights dinner.

242.jpg

I had the stuffed mushrooms.

243.jpg

We think this is called Greek Farmers Salad

244.jpg

Lobster!! I had 3! The waiter brought me the third after hearing me say I wish I had ordered another.

245.jpg

Another angle of the Lobster!

That night we went with our tablemates to Wonderful World (which is the big production show. We did not enjoy it. We thought it was very boring. I came close to falling asleep several times. The dancers were good. The singers have been better on other ships in my opinion.

That night we got our first towel animal. We did not get one the first night.

249.jpg

It's great to hear from you again! Are you sure your husband is not going? He said that last time but went with you!! At 4pm I had a really sad look on my face because I was getting ready to get on a plane. Hopefully we can sail together once again.

Yeah....he's a bit cruised out, hahahahah. Next summer though we're doing Conquest from New Orleans with a big group. I can't wait. It'll be my first time to Coz and Montego Bay.

We woke up tueday to some very choppy seas. All day the decks above the Lido were closed due to high winds. We had breakfast at the Lido buffet. I had a couple pieces of bacon and some potato.

115.jpg

After breakfast we wer trying to figure out what to do. We saw that trivia was being held in the Butterflies Lounge. We were going to just watch but my wife talked me into playing. The first few questions were easy, then they got a little harder. Everybody was playing as teams so my wife helped me a couple of times. What color blood do lobster's have? My wife knew blue. (She hates seafood) Where did opera originate? She knew Italy. (How, I have no idea)

The second to last question was simple. What Maine town gets 25 million vistors a year to visit the store LL Beans? We live about 20 miles away from Freeport! We corrected our paper and we got 7 wrong (out of 26 questions). Nate, the entertainement staff that was running it, asked if anyone got over 20 correct. No one did. WOW. Maybe we have a chance. He then asked if anyone had over 15 correct. 3 or 4 raised their hands.

He looked at us. How many did you get correct. We said 19. He asked if anyone had 19 correct and not one person answered. We got round of applause and he brought us this.......

254.jpg

My first ship on a stick -- my first dingie on a thingie!!!

I'm sorry you didn't like the show. Do you recall the theme?

It was music and dancing from around the world. England, China, Japan, and some others I can't remember. It ended with the US. I was glad because I knew that was the finale.

First, I can not sing. I respect any one who can. But...the female singer....I could tell she could sing, but she kept accented everything with the throaty, deep words. (wish I could explain what I mean) I like in songs if it is once or twice. It got old really fast. Every two minute song, she did it what seemed like 10 times.

This is my opinion, other may have liked it. No one in our group of 4 like it. She did the same thing in the other show later in the week. More on that later.

That sounds awful. I hope they get a new singer by the time we sail. Probably not though. The male singer from Destiny in Dec was the same guy we saw on Destiny 13 months prior, hahahahah.

SO!!!! You're the reason the bacon police came to be, hahahahah.

We walked around the ship after we brought our ship on a stick back to to room. It really rocky. If you are in a car and go over a hill, you know that tickle that you get down in your stomach area. We both felt that a lot.

After the walk, it is time to eat lunch. I know, we just ate 3 hours before this, but we are on vacation!! We eat at the Lido buffet again. I have asian and my wife goes to the deli to get a turkey sandwich.

Today is the day they have the hairy chest contest. We enjoy that a lot. Today we decided not to go because it is taking place on the lido deck under the retractable roof due to cold, wind, and a little rain. We were disappointed. Instead we go to the Love and Marraige show at 2pm. It was very funny and quite entertaining. This is a show we do not want to miss again.

After that we go get an ice cream on the lido. I get regular ice cream and my wife get the fat free yogurt. I probably should go with the fat free after 20 pieces of bacon, but who cares. I am on vacation! I will think about my hardening arteries when I get back home.

We go back to the room to get ready for dinner. We turn on Ellen. She is at Universal Studios. Looks like the weather will be great for us tomorrow when we go to Diney's Animal Kingdom.

Here is a picture of our booth.

256.jpg

French Onion Soup

257-1.jpg

258.jpg

Chicken Quasidia (sp) took picture quickly. my wife started eating it.

Our new very good friends looking at the camera the just bought. The same one I have.

262.jpg

We sail on the Pride June 4th....this will be our 2nd try on the Pride. 1st sailing on her she was not my fav BUT we thought we would give her a 2nd try :D NO such thing as a bad cruise......and I have to agree :p

You'll be getting on when Im getting off. I'll be sure to let you all know how it was. I anticipate nothing but fabulous. I can not wait.

Our assistant waiter "G" dancing to Low, Low, Low (not sure of the name of the song)

261.jpg

We we went back to our room to change into shorts (I hate wearing pants) we found this....

265.jpg

We walked around the ship a little and went up to the Lido. The upper decks were still closed due to winds.

We had to get up early to catch the bus to Disney so we went to bed.

Next-- Disney during Spring Break.....NEVER AGAIN. See you all tomorrow!!!

I noticed that there were two reviews for this sailing that have recently been posted. Both mentioned a very rocky Tuesday. (the other mentioned that Monday was as well) I have two questions regarding that.

1. Do you think it was because of bad weather or is it always rocky further north in the Atlantic. (I will be traveling with 2 children 6 and 8. Want to be prepared- we are doing same trip May 29.)

2. Regarding the retractable roof. Why did you not want to be poolside while the roof was up? Is it still cold by the pool even with roof up or is it just because the ship was more rocky on Lido deck? We actually thought that might be kind of neat to check out.

Archived