Back from sailing the Carnival Pride with a three-year old - any questions?

rlthomas7

We're back and I found this board so helpful when we were planning. I also tend to see lots of posts about sailing with babies, and lots about sailing with older kids, but not a whole lot just in between!

So if anyone has any questions, please let me know. We sailed from Baltimore to Port Canaveral, Nassau and Freeport.

We're back and I found this board so helpful when we were planning. I also tend to see lots of posts about sailing with babies, and lots about sailing with older kids, but not a whole lot just in between!

So if anyone has any questions, please let me know. We sailed from Baltimore to Port Canaveral, Nassau and Freeport.

Did you receive a separate listing of activities or a "Fun Times" for kids so you knew what the scheduled activities were for the day? How did you know what and when to plan things around. I am traveling with a 6 and 8 year old. I am sure they will want to do alot and I want to plan around that. Do you have a copy of any of these publications? Thanks any info would be so appreciated. Sailing Carnival Pride on May 29. BTW how was child with motion sickness? I heard that the seas until about South Carolina can sometimes be rough.

What did ya do in Nassau?? We are looking at doing a cruise with a stop in Nassau will have 6, 5 and 1 yr old.

We took the #10 jitney to the Sheraton on Cable beach and got a day room. They have day passes for $25 per adult and, I believe, $12.50 per child. But for $99 you can get a room for the day, which is perfect if you still have a napper, like we do. Also nice if it starts to rain or you need to get out of the sun for awhile. That was the best money we spent on this cruise. For the price you get full use of the resort's beach, towels and pools. Hope that helps!

Did you receive a separate listing of activities or a "Fun Times" for kids so you knew what the scheduled activities were for the day? How did you know what and when to plan things around. I am traveling with a 6 and 8 year old. I am sure they will want to do alot and I want to plan around that. Do you have a copy of any of these publications? Thanks any info would be so appreciated. Sailing Carnival Pride on May 29. BTW how was child with motion sickness? I heard that the seas until about South Carolina can sometimes be rough.

I think I have a list of the Camp activities at work - I'll try to find it tomorrow and post it, along with a detailed answer to your question.

Here's the link to the schedule for Camp Carnival. You get a listing of everything for the week at orientation, and they have more hanging outside of camp.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1366452

And as far as motion sickness, we took pills and chewable tablets for our son, but none of us needed them. In our case, we weren't too bothered by the motion on the first day, but we hit some heavy rain and winds on the second day and we were REALLY rocking. But we all stayed healthy - I got more motion sick in the car driving to the port, since I was trying to finish a book so I didn't have to lug it along on vacation!

what did you do in freeport? we are having a hard time deciding on something there.

Not sure how much time you have or the age(s) of the child(ren), but we took a cab to Our Lucaya and got a day pass at the Radisson. They have very nice pools and a nice beach with changing rooms. I know there's horseback riding that is very well done - I did this in 1999 and I heard recently that the stables are still there and it's still a fun thing to do with horses that are well taken care of.

The Radisson does have lovely pools, a nice clean beach, changing rooms and rest rooms, use of towels, non-motorized watersports (I think) and comfy chairs with thick cushions. It was $20 for adults and $10 for our son. You can see lots of photos from my trip review, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1396070

I enjoyed your review over on the Carnival board! We can't wait to sail the Pride again with our kids (ages 7 & 5) this June. We were on in 2009 and had a great family trip and can't wait to go again.

Last time we were in Freeport we chose to stay on the ship, but the Radisson looks like fun. Thanks for posting the pics.

Archived