Smuggleing liquor onboard for our Honeymoon?

Hello, Me and my FI will be going on our honeymoon on Nov 5th with carnival on the destiny. We are on a very tight budget and just cant offered paying 5-10 for a drink. I have 7 question and wanted to know if anyone can help me answer them.

1) I wanted to know if it was possible to smuggle liquor on board the ship.

2) Is this ship very strict about this kind of thing?

3) If we are caught will we be put off the ship?

4) Do we buy the liquor when we land In FLL (I know this may be a dumb question...lol)

5)What are some ways to get it on board?

6) Do we put it in the things we take to our room or leave it in the luggage and wait for it to be taken to our room

7) Any thing else that might help....

Thanks.

Hello, Me and my FI will be going on our honeymoon on Nov 5th with carnival on the destiny. We are on a very tight budget and just cant offered paying 5-10 for a drink. I have 7 question and wanted to know if anyone can help me answer them.

1) I wanted to know if it was possible to smuggle liquor on board the ship.

2) Is this ship very strict about this kind of thing?

3) If we are caught will we be put off the ship?

4) Do we buy the liquor when we land In FLL (I know this may be a dumb question...lol)

5)What are some ways to get it on board?

6) Do we put it in the things we take to our room or leave it in the luggage and wait for it to be taken to our room

7) Any thing else that might help....

Thanks.

1. It is possible

2. Sailed Carnival a couple times, never had a problem, but if they do find it, they will take it.

3. They could, but no, they just discard it if it is not in the original container, if it is they give it back to you the last night of the cruise

4. Doesn't matter when you buy it, but if you are flying, sure buy it when you get to the port city

5. Tons of ways! My brother just sticks the bottle right in his luggage wrapped in clothes. I use water bottles myself Or use the rum runners and pack them with your shampoo and stuff

6. Either way. I keep the water bottles in my carry on, my bro puts his in checked.

7. Just roll the dice. Chances are it wil work out fine

On Carnival, you can bring a 750ml bottle of wine or champagne per adult over 21 in your party with you. I brought 5 bottles of wine with me with no problems in my carryon (5 adults in our party).

The 5 bottles was definitely worth it because there were only 2 people who drank alcohol in my party, so it worked out well for us and really didn't buy drinks on board.

Now if you wanted to sneak alcohol, I have never done it, although a friend of mine used a bottle of Listerine, vodka, and food coloring.

• 2 weeks later...

I regularly mail my brother alcohol to his military base in Afghanastan. B/c his mail is typically rummaged through i came up with a great way to send him booze. I think it would work for the cruise as well, we will be trying it this fall on my first cruise.

Buy a case of water, carefully remove the water bottles from the outside edges without damaging the plastic, empty and refill with vodka, seal with plastic bands found at a lot of craft stores, carefully place bottles back inside of the case. Duct tape it up as though it is going on a journey (cause it is) and Voila you have vodka and water for the trip. (Snapple or sobe or fuze would work for the darker alcohols i think.) Or you could do this to just a few bottles, no one would ever expect ;)

Also check out rum runners on the CC boards.

• 4 weeks later...

You can bring up to a case of wine per person on HAL... uncork the bottles at home (have a wine party or save all your wine bottles) refill with your beverage of choice.. recork and NO one is the wiser... works every time...

Archived