Review: Carnival Legend, March 27 - April 3

dvd77

Were the ladies able to get their pandora charms at each port? Can you tell me what the selection was like and the cost?

thanks.

Lisa's additions to the bead discussion...

Prices: The prices on official Pandora beads was the same everywhere. Elsewhere, the cheapest beads I found were $11 and $16.

Cayman: I found an official Pandora shop in one of the main malls, but I ended up buying a turtle bead at a non-pandora store. It was nearly identical to the official one, except it's threaded and doesn't twist as easily as the real ones do. But for the price I paid ($16 for one) I'm happy with it. The same store also had glass beads that would slide easily without threading. I discovered the store walking down the main road between the tender dock and Eden Rock where we went snorkeling. I saw a sign that said "sterling silver" and I went to investigate. Although I didn't buy one at the Eden Rock dive shop for $6 and I wish I had because it was the style you could use to attach another charm to make it a dangle-style one.

Cozumel: I forget the name of the beads in the duty free shop that didn't fit Pandora, but it was behind the counter at the Columbian Emeralds Int'l store. Too bad, they did have some really nice options. I ended up buying another Italian bead Bacio brand. I didn't really like the selection of the silver beads, so I went with a colored one. The price there was comparable to Pandora; mine was $30, on the lower end of their prices. Then we found a shop that was almost a straight shot from the end of the dock exit. We were looking at regular souveniers when I saw a connecting jewelry store. I asked the ladies there for Pandora-type beads, and they took us to the back where they had some locked behind a glass door. Kind of silly since they were the cheapest ones I found anywhere. The one I chose was only $11 and it's some kind of real stone (not precious, just polished).

You don't need to be "invited." It's printed in the Fun Times; you just go and have fun!

You do, however, have to look carefully for it--if it hadn't been for CC, we would have missed it. It is not heavily "advertised" like other events.

• 3 months later...

Great review, Heading on this ship in November! I really appreciate all your time and effort on this. I'm glad you had a nice time. We sailed on the Miracle last November and are really looking forward to this one too, even more now! YAY!:D:o;):):p

Just saw your review, which the link was posted on our roll call. Leaving September 4th and wanted to thank you for a great review. This will be our third time on the Legend. Would like to try the zip lining in Roatan but don't want to do all the other stuff. I heard that there is a zip line right at the port. We'll see when we get there.

Thanks again,:D

Brad & Michele

• 11 months later...

Archived