The A to Z Guide to Traveling with Kids

brazilgirl

That was interesting but I must say the writer has a champagne budget.

For example, last summer a standard room with two double beds at the Chatham Bar Inn (in August) was $ 999.00! Now that's high season but you can't get a standard room in summer for less than $ 495 and that's not a big room for a family.

Instead we stayed at the Waquassett Resort in Chatham and it was great. It was still $525 a night. And I visited the Chatham Bar Inn also because my friend works there and Waquassett was way more our style. For $525 you expect an excellent hotel and it really was wonderful. I would not do it again. I did it because we were visiting friends and I splurged. If it was $300 a night I'd go again.

I agree with her about the nanny. Its a luxury but if it makes the difference between a relaxing and non-relaxing vacation, its something to consider.

Rebeccalouise-

Yeah , some of her recommendations are rather high-end , but many are practical and accessible to all. Bananagrams is one of our family´s favorite travel games!

I have always tried to get luxury for less- I ´ve gotten some amazing deals on 5 star hotels in London and Vienna just by being very persistent.

I am planning a WDW world vacation/cruise for a huge group of people and I am AMAZED by the prices of the Deluxe Disney Resorts , which apparently are quite popular and , form the looks of the rooms , not terribly luxurious. For those prices , you can stay almost any where in the world in amazing rooms , with amazing grounds!

I like Wendy Perrin , she does great articles about villa stays for families , and hunting for "more for less". I like traveling in style , but I like to do it with the best deals possible and she gives great hints. Look for "Wendy Perrin" on google to read some of her other pieces , I think you´ll like them.

Kim

Archived