Destiny Review

gradmabee

This is my first review so please keep that in mind. We flew into FLL on Friday a day early and stayed at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon Miami. It was wonderful. The hotel price was good, breakfast very good but the elevators were SLOW but not a big deal. It was well worth the price we paid. We used SAS and Carlos was at the airport waiting for us as well as they were there and waiting to return us from the Port. We can't say enough about their service. We sailed to Ocho Rios and Grand cayman. At Ocho Rios we booked an excursion from Marva Shaw and again can't say how wonderful they were taking us to Dunn's River Falls. They adjusted an excursion to do what we wanted to see. We climbed Dunns River which my husband and I have knee issues but handled the climb thanks to my new friend from New York (I didn't get her name) she made it possible, with her help we were able to climb it. She had climbed it before and knew where and what to do which was a lifesaver so that I could do something I really wanted to do. SO Thank you if you are reading this! The Destiny was clean, people were always cleaning. There were no disorderly people that we saw, everyone just having a good time. We had our first balcony and we loved it. Hopefully will never have anything other than a balcony in the future cruises. Food was good and desserts were even better. Our room steward and her crew were above and beyond thanks Sunny! We did fly into FLL airport and don't think we will do that again. The FLL airport lacks in customer service and amenities. Not sure if the price differnce was worth it. Besides that our cruise on the Destiny was wonderful. All the negitive that we have heard, we saw none. I would never hesitate to cruise on the Destiny in the future. If anyone has questions I would be glad to answer them.:)

Thanks for the review. Speaking of the Miami airport... There were 4 of us traveling there for a cruise. We all got our checked bags and went to leave the area. An attendant checked to see that we had our bags. She crossed herself when she heard that we all got our bags. Kinda worrisome.

Nancy

Thanks for the review. Speaking of the Miami airport... There were 4 of us traveling there for a cruise. We all got our checked bags and went to leave the area. An attendant checked to see that we had our bags. She crossed herself when she heard that we all got our bags. Kinda worrisome.

Nancy

I think the OP was referring to the Fort Lauderdale airport....sounds like I'd rather go there than Miami based on your experience!

OP - glad you had a great trip! Balcony really does spoil you, doesn't it?

Archived