self guided turtle snorkel

BlueHonu

I have learned so much on here, that I wanted to pass on our experience. We decided to walk to the bus terminal (5-!0 min walk). Talked to a very nice lady that made sure we had everything under control. We took the bus up to Mullins Beach to look for sea glass(broken bottles rubbed smooth by the waves and sand). After finding our share of it, we then hopped back on another bus heading south. Stopped at Paynes Beach, where the boats bring people to see the turtles. We were able to negotiate for a glass bottom boat to take a bunch of us out to the turtle and shipwreck site for $10pp. It is only about a football field out from the beach, but there was a strong current that day. It would make a long swim out and back unless you are either a good swimmer or have a snorkel vest. Paynes was a beautiful beach. ********* waited on us for drinks. Several people trying to sell you things to do like jet ski. We did that too, $40 for 35 min. About 3pm, we went out to take the bus back to the terminal. After waiting for a while, with 3 buses stopping that were the wrong one, a taxi pulled up. I negotiated for a return to port for $5 for the 4 of us.

We ended up having 23 people go together on this adventure. We nearly filled an entire bus with our group! We all had a wonderful day. Everyone we encountered during our trip was nice and helpful. No worries.

Great info. I've been to Payne's but not Mullins. Which beach did you enjoy more?

Paynes was nicer. Less rocky. Better scenery. Both offered a place to eat, jetski rental, glass bottom boat ride, ect.

Archived