Mariners of the Seas price drop

lecbc

:)We just had our cruise reduced in half. Call your travel agent to get the same deal. I was on the Rccl web site and found my cabin at $1509.00

per person a D2 balcony. We originally booked at $2779.00 per person

now I can spend more on the 5 days prior in Rome.

:)We just had our cruise reduced in half. Call your travel agent to get the same deal. I was on the Rccl web site and found my cabin at $1509.00

Another sign that there is over capacity in Europe (and unrest in the Middle East)

I find this very ironic. After so many complaints from CC members (self included) about RCCL moving ships to Europe and the continued response of "it's all about demand, making money, the market is stronger in Europe....". Is it possible they were wrong? Could demand be falling? Maybe Europe's economy is worse than ours? Civil unrest?

Now we have recent news about Navigator being pulled from Europe early. What's next? Is RCCL scrambling to adjust and align with world events?

Will be interesting to see what happens. Don't book arifare too soon. Never know what will change next.....

I believe many passengers canceled after Eqypt was canceled. I know the original schedule hooked me. Well I understand Istanbul is just as beautiful.

We cruised to both Egypt and Istanbul lasy year and they were both wonderful in opposite ways. Egypt was dirty and busy, amazing, crazy and wonderful. Istanbul was elegant and jst as great.

I find this very ironic. After so many complaints from CC members (self included) about RCCL moving ships to Europe and the continued response of "it's all about demand, making money, the market is stronger in Europe....". Is it possible they were wrong? Could demand be falling? Maybe Europe's economy is worse than ours? Civil unrest?

Now we have recent news about Navigator being pulled from Europe early. What's next? Is RCCL scrambling to adjust and align with world events?

Will be interesting to see what happens. Don't book arifare too soon. Never know what will change next.....

I don't know if they're necessarily wrong, but given that they plan their routes over a year in advance, they are vulnerable to quickly changing events. I have a feeling that the unrest in the Middle East will affect the Dubai and Egypt cruises for a while. And it will get pretty interesting in the Med if/when Spain needs a bailout and has to adopt an "austerity plan". There were a lot of Spaniards on our last cruise out of Barcelona (as would be expected)...

Archived