Sofa Bed in 1A Category on Conquest Class

mj

We have booked a 1A room with a bed and a sofa bed (Room 1207). We were curious about how comfortable the sofa bed was. I heard of different types of sofa beds on Carnival ships and was wondering if it opened up and slept as a twin or if it was similar to the the rooms on older ships and basically just removed the cushions. Hope this is not too confusing.

Thanks

"I'm also interested as we have 1201 + 1207 on the Victory. What ship will you be on?"

You'll like tht room, I should know- I HAD room 1201 and 1203 last Xmas on the Vic!

1201 is the lowest, closest to the bow room there is. The next time you see that CCL commercial ("Somewhere...") watch the ship- it's the Vic. As the ship sails across the screen, look at the most forward window at the bottom of the ship- that's room 1201. Room 1207 is about the same size. We had our kids in 1201 and we were next door in 1203. 1201 is smaller because of the curve of the bow. It had two little portholes, but unlike ours, it had brass plate under the windows saying something like "To avoid interferring with night time navigation, please keep curtains closed at night.

The room can be quite noisy if there are any waves, as they make a sound as if people are jumping above your room.Otherwise, you are far away from everything else (long walks!) and it can be quite. Well, should be- there was a russian woman in room 1207 who was fighting with her hubby and there was loud screaming in russian coming from that room!

If you should have the same room steward that we had, you'll get good service. The only flaw was that we didn't get our CCL cookies for the kids. Otherwise, they did a great job, especially with the kids room in 1201.I got my rooms for $575 each, but there is no way I'd spend a few hundred bucks to "upgrade" to an inside room from my 1a porthole. From the money I saved, the only other room worth having is a balcony

Archived