Lamanai excursion in late February - how hot?

karen_g

I know this is a long excursion involving a bus ride (air conditioned?? not sure), boat ride (open air), lunch (outside) and of course the tour of the ruins. I'd really like to do this excursion but I'm a little nervous about being out in the heat/humidity for 6 hours. For those of you who have done this excursion, do you have any input on the comfort level of this tour in terms of the temperature/humidity ? Thanks for any thoughts...

we did it in mid-dec. temps were in the mid-80s. the site is tree covered, so there is plenty of shade. our bus was in bad shape, tears in seats...things like that, but it ran great and had great air conditioning. the open-air boat was (almost) too cool for some people. i heard some say they wish they had taken a jacket.

ncl gave us bottled water at the rest stop, right before we got on the boat. then more water at the site. plus i had some water in my bag. the bottled fruit sodas (at lunch) were nice and refreshing.

655380107_ballcourtwithcenterstone.jpg.3f2e699001158431807ecf24e29422e5.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg.dc1dd79fcdaee88603a6c63f3efc7771.jpg

832847080_Ourbusdriver.jpg.617628bc5faa82bc8dad8743ad71ffd0.jpg

Hi!

I did this excursion last week. I know you are looking for the weather at the end of February, not in April, but thought I would share my experience anyway, in case it is of any help to you. Our weather for the Lamanai excursion was nice, but very hot and humid. It was easily in the 90's. The bus ride was air conditioned (but not very cold, especially on the way back) and the boat ride was in an open air boat. The lunch is outside but under cover so you don't have to be in the sun, if you don't want to be. We took it slow because of the heat and they did provide us with a bottle of water once we got to Lamanai. I had also brought my own bottle of water and was glad that I did because I drank both bottles! I would say bring an extra bottle of water and bring a hat to keep the sun off you. Hope you have a great time! Thanks!

Hi!

I did this excursion last week. I know you are looking for the weather at the end of February, not in April, but thought I would share my experience anyway, in case it is of any help to you. Our weather for the Lamanai excursion was nice, but very hot and humid. It was easily in the 90's. The bus ride was air conditioned (but not very cold, especially on the way back) and the boat ride was in an open air boat. The lunch is outside but under cover so you don't have to be in the sun, if you don't want to be. We took it slow because of the heat and they did provide us with a bottle of water once we got to Lamanai. I had also brought my own bottle of water and was glad that I did because I drank both bottles! I would say bring an extra bottle of water and bring a hat to keep the sun off you. Hope you have a great time! Thanks!

I'll echo what AJcruiser said. We did this tour last week and it was warm. The bus ride was barely cool but when you get on the boat and are cruising down the river it is nice. Take extra water and a snack. We didn't get lunch until we got back to get on the bus which was about 2PM.

Glad we booked through the ship because we got back to the port a little late but they were waiting for us!! I was the last person on the last tender back!!

Check out the link in my sig for pics of the tour. Have fun.

Archived