Rum Punch at Lobster Alive, Please Help!

Barmanpoet

Does anyone have a recipe for the rum punch at Lobster Alive? It was absolutely the best I have ever had! It looked like they put a dash of bitters and some nutmeg on top before serving, but that's all I could discern for myself. Anyone got a recipe? An idea? I must have that punch again!

Lobster Alive may have altered our basic Barbados recipe somewhat, but here it is in a nutshell. The taste changes quite a bit with the type/brand of rum, so that in itself may be what you perceived.

This is the traditional recipe for the Barbados Rum Punch which is never made in quantities of less than a gallon and is always served ice cold. The sweetness of the sugar and the sourness of the lime cleverly disguise the punch that it will give you after a few drinks. In case you drink up your supply and in your liquorised state find that you are having difficulty with the formula, this clever rhyme will put you on the right track. It is one of the country's national treasures in literature and it goes like this:

One of Sour

Two of Sweet

Three of Strong

And Four of Weak

...Well if it isn't yet a national treasure, it should be.

The poem represents the proportions of Sour (lime juice), Sweet (simple syrup), Strong (rum) and Weak (water). Here goes the translation:

Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients:

• 3 oz lime juice

• 6 oz simple syrup

• 9 oz rum

• 12 oz water

• grated nutmeg

A few dashes of Angostura bitters

In a jug, blend the ingredients with the exception of the nutmeg.

Serve in a glass with lots of ice. Sprinkle the nutmeg on the surface.

ENJOY! :)

• 3 months later...

Just put some nutmeg on some unleaded gasoline and add ice! LOL! My wife and I were at Lobster Alive in mid June and got the chairs/umbrella deal. 3 rum punches came with them. We got three more. (We had three each)... She missed dinner that night in the MDR and I ordered her room service while I went to eat. She tells everyone she got the 1-2-3 rum punch! Lights out! HAHA! It was a great time there though and they were tasty....Great beach at Carlyle Bay too there in front of Lobster Alive.

Can certainly agree, we have fond memories of the rum punch from Lobster Alive too!

If I were to guess, they use spiced rum, but thats just my opinion.

Good folkd there. Have you ever gone in to see why they call it Lobster Alive???:D

Archived