I'm Booked..but The Sailing Disappeared

Crazsea

Hi Folks!

I'm booked on the April 9th,2006 14 day sailing of the Norwegian Crown. Yesterday the sailing disappeared and nobody that I've talked to seems to know why. I just thought with all the savy cruisers on this board that someone could offer me some reason for this!

Heeeeeelp!!!

It could be that a large group chartered the rest of the rooms that were available. (don't quote me on that, it's just a guess)

This happened to me on the SUN. We had the followers of a Zydeco/country band taking over 2/3 of the ship. It actually worked out really well but I was a little apprehensive cruising with such a large group that I was not a part of.

I tried googling "4-9-2006 Norwegian Crown" but couldn't find any additional info. You might want to try variations on that to see what comes up. I found out why my cruise disappeared by googling. It led me to the bands website that was advertising MY cruise!!

Good Luck! If nothing else, you have plenty of time to change your plans.

Could the Crown be the next ship on the NCL transfer list??? They should be releasing 2006-2007 schedule within the next month or so...if not sooner...my prediction is the Crown is next...If you notice they are bringing the Wind back from Hawaii to the continental USA in April of 2006..time will tell

We are booked on the Sun for the Canal next month. Our cruise also "disappeared" for several months! We were told that it was such a good price that TA's were reserving big blocks for group sales. Every now and then a cabin would show up available. However, as we got close to final payment time a lot of cabins came back into inventory. I also did a Google search for our cruise, as I suspected a charter, but came up empty. That is a good idea karfest had.

Crazsea, thanks for starting this thread. After reading what everyone has to say I will probably just hang in there and see what happens. Does anyone have any idea when they would announce any changes to the cruise, would it be soon or is there a chance they would just keep it closed for bookings for months before announcing anything? Not knowing what is going on is driving me crazy already and the cruise is over a year away.

Well, still no news!

You all have some interesting views on the future of my BOOKED cruise. Thank you for your responses!!!

I'm not giving up. I still have hope. I just wish NCL would be thoughtful enough to tell it's booked passengers what is going on. I don't understand why they are keeping it a secret.

I booked a backup just in case on Princess. Maybe NCL just doesn't want my money. Two years ago I had a booking on the Majesty of the Seas directly through NCL's reservationists. I booked it 8 months in advance. Just 8 days after I booked the cruise NCL announced they were relocating her to Charleston, SC from Miami on a permanent basis. I already had snagged a cheap roundtrip flight to Miami for the cruise. As you can guess, I had to cancel the cruise. Why did NCL not disclose the relocation to people booking so close to the public announcement of the relocation was beyond me. I was a bit angry as I had spent a lot of time and energy researching and planning. Looks like the same thing may happen with the Crown.

I sailed the Norway. Three weeks later the terrible explosion occured that took the life of nine people. It was incredibly sad for me. I'm beggining to think that NCL is just not the place for me.

Jonathan:confused:

Well, still no news!

You all have some interesting views on the future of my BOOKED cruise. Thank you for your responses!!!

I'm not giving up. I still have hope. I just wish NCL would be thoughtful enough to tell it's booked passengers what is going on. I don't understand why they are keeping it a secret.

I booked a backup just in case on Princess. Maybe NCL just doesn't want my money. Two years ago I had a booking on the Majesty of the Seas directly through NCL's reservationists. I booked it 8 months in advance. Just 8 days after I booked the cruise NCL announced they were relocating her to Charleston, SC from Miami on a permanent basis. I already had snagged a cheap roundtrip flight to Miami for the cruise. As you can guess, I had to cancel the cruise. Why did NCL not disclose the relocation to people booking so close to the public announcement of the relocation was beyond me. I was a bit angry as I had spent a lot of time and energy researching and planning. Looks like the same thing may happen with the Crown.

<I sailed the Norway. Three weeks later the terrible explosion occured that took the life of nine people. It was incredibly sad for me. I'm beggining to think that NCL is just not the place for me.>

Jonathan:confused:

IMHO you are booking older ships with NCL and "stuff" happens. Perhaps NCL is thinking about reassigning or selling her at that time, just speculation mind you. I think your best bet is to book the newer ships that have a set schedule. The newer ships are "better" anyway. No flames please:eek: I know people like the older ships better. I used to, but no more, time to move on.

Hi Ann,

Thanks for responding!

Yes, it's true as I am trying to change the pace from the large Voyager and Grand class ships. It would not only give me a smaller cruise ship experience but also let me switch around to the different cruise lines!

Yup, she's old, but from many reviews I've read she sounds interesting and intimate!! I can't seem to find that experience available on any newer ships since they are all LARGE!!LOL

Have a great day!

Crazsea & run4fun

There are people that know what is going on but they are not here. You might want to drop an email or letter to Andy Stuart he is the VP of Marketing and if there is a real reason he should be able to supply. His email should follow the NCL standard first intial last name at ncl dot com.

Gives you something to do while you wait a year for your cruise.

If they are considering moving the ship out of the fleet they will probably not reply until a formal annoucement. Nothing is done until it is done.

Good luck - enjoy your cruises no mattter what ship you end up on

Archived