Our spoiled lives aboard the Golden Princess- a detailed review

serenity27

At Baby Serenity’s Baby Naming Ceremony, Mr. Serenity and I sang and played our ukuleles to “Tiny Bubbles.”

And just this month, Baby Serenity took his very first cruise, on Royal Caribbean’s Freedom of the Seas, to the Eastern Caribbean. I will be writing a (much shorter) review on that cruise and will post the link here when I begin.

Thank you all for reading and for your patience. I hope you enjoyed my review of a truly wonderful vacation.

P.S. I am doing all of this writing and posting during his nap times, so I apologize for any errors, changes in fonts and anything else annoying.

Congratulations--your little one is adorable and thanks in large part to your review we just booked a cruise to Hawaii on the Star next February. Loved reading your review for all the details and the great humor, You have a real gift for writing. We were debating on a cruise to Hawaii or the Panama Canal, but your extended review came along at the perfect time, and put Hawaii over the top. We are especially looking forward to Elua and all the Hawaiian activities on board. Many thanks for a great review!

I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed this review. A Hawaiian cruise was way down on my list, but you've gotten me excited about doing it sooner rather than later. Baby Serenity is adorable. Has he gotten his first ukelele yet?!

Mazel Tov on Serenity Jr.! I was thinking baby but I didn't want to jinx it. We took the girl on her "first" cruise at minus four months. Maybe that's why she never gets motion sickness (I can't even read in a moving vehicle w/o getting sick). We've found that cruising vacations are great for families. We used to put her in a stroller and take her to Santa Monica beach; now it's dropping her off at summer marching band practice. They grew up quickly so enjoy him now before he's grabbing your car keys.

A trivia team I was playing with on the last cruise tied for first, and then we tied on the tie breaker. So you would think the trivia master would give us prizes too, but he wouldn't budge (I didn't even have the heart to find out what they were). On a previous cruise, we won Princess canvas totes, but they weren't too strong and fell apart easily. Oh, well.

I had ordered the fettuccine twice and neither time got the basket. (I ordered the appetizer), so next time I'll ask if I can get the appetizer in the basket.

Almost kidnapped the crew member with the chocolate chip cookies, but he didn't fit in my suitcase.

I just finished reading through your fantastic review. I told myself, I would thank you and comment once I was done about how much I enjoyed it.

Then I just read your post about your awesome news, and I felt so happy for you both. Congratulations. That is so exciting!

We are doing Star princess next month, so I thoroughly enjoyed all your details about your ship. Thanks for taking the time out of your now VERY busy lives to review such an amazing cruise !

Enjoy your little one, it goes by so fast ! Thanks again !

• 7 months later...

Congratulatios!

Enjoy many good days and cruises with Baby Serenity !

Your review was enjoyable and informative.

You seemed to enjoy the islands and the cruise.

After reading your review,,

I Have a better u nderstanding of what to expect on such a cruise.

Enjoy yiur new baby!;

OMG, I just randomly came across this review and it brought back memories seeing the pictures.

This was my 1st cruise on my 1st and only contract working on Princess.

When you wrote about Don Luigi, I laughed so much.... he's been doing this a very long time.

Josh was amazing, he never came back after this contract... too bad was a good guy.... he's the only crew member I knew that went home with less money than he came with because of his bar bill.

David is a great CD, has a big following... he staff "loves" him ;) because he has a thing about doing 50's night on formal night and they have to change clothes so many times on that day,lol

was a well written review... kind of epic from the time frames ;-)