Silly question about Ship Capacity

4THELOVEOFBOO

Carnival policy: All our ships sail fully booked.

How long before sailing? You can make dummy reservations and see how many cabins are being offered. However, if there are 10 listed in a category- they only show 10 at a time so it could be 10 or could be 30.

So, in fact, no.

Are you able to find out how much room is left on a ship before sailing?

If it's Carnival, the answer is most likely ZERO. Carnival sails at 100%+ capacity on almost every single sailing

Nope... there isn't any way to find out.

Carnival ships always sail full but full can mean a few different things. Normal capacity is 2 guests per cabin. Maximum capacity is every available berth filled... quite a difference... As an example, the Conquest at normal capacity has 2974 passengers... at maximum capacity there will be 3730 people on board.

:)

I have always wondered the same thing. With my latest sailing being ES I have watched prices and availability very closely over the past few months. One thing I did determine is that 30 days from our sail date Carnival opened some cabins that were locked to 4 guest to available for 3 guest. Which basically says that the sailing will more than likely not be max capacity. One thing had me scratching my head was with less than 2 weeks before our sailing there were over 40 cabins available and within hours of me checking again the sailing was removed from carnival.com. I wonder if those cabins were given away or someone actually came through and booked them all.

When I was using a pvp he would give me some idea as to how well a sailing was selling.

Also look at pricing. If going up just before sailing ship is about sold out. If going down they are adjusting rates to fill the ship.

Archived