Mexican Riviera- Weather in October

ronllave

I'm thinking about taking the 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise on Carnival Splendor on Oct. 2nd. I've heard this is the rainy season and was wondering if anybody has been down there around this time of year. If so, did the weather affect any part of your trip? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

We sailed the Splendor in Oct and the weather on the first day (sea day) was kind of cool and a little stormy. The second day (sea day) it was sunny & warm and stayed that way the rest of the trip. We did miss a port Mazatlan because of a hurricane and we went to Ensanada instead :(. Overall beautiful weather. :D

Have a great trip!

October is not rainy season for So Cal or the Mexican Riviera......it will be hot......It will be windy the last sea day back which might make it a little chilly because you will be sailing into head winds.......but that is 12 months out of the year.

On our Last Cruise our Tour Guide Said thay Septemeber and October was the Rainy part of the year.....

here is a link to the weather in Cabo for average temps in October....that should give you a general outlook.....of course nobody knows how good or bad the weather will be until then...

so I say just plan it and dont worry about it until then.....

http://www.loscabosguide.com/weather.htm

We are also sailing Splendor on 10/2. We could not decide between Splendor and Spirit but since we cannot get the nine days off we opted for the 7 days on Splendor. This will be our first inside cabin. We have always had a balcony but since we are cruising on Magic in February we thought we would save some bucks and try the inside. Hope we don't regret it.

October is not rainy season for So Cal or the Mexican Riviera......it will be hot

October is the tail end of the rainy season for the Mex Riv. Mazatlan shows about 3.5 inches average for October. It is a warm rain though. If you ever wanted to hang outside on your balcony in the rain, this is the time and place.

Here in So Cal, October can be one of our hottest months. That is the high point of our fire season since it's usually hot and dry. It can also cool down in October, but usually towards the end. It should be plenty warm for you in October.

As for the rainy season, I have been to Puerto Vallarta (land vacations mostly) several times in October, and it is still rainy season there (not in So Cal). Thunderstorms tend to roll in later in the afternoon so you may see some rain in your Mexican ports and it will be extremely humid. That being said, the rainy season makes for beautiful scenery. Lets not forget that much of PV is surrounded by a rain forest, and the rain is what makes it so beautiful.

I did the Mexican Riviera cruise in October, 2008 and every port was 100+ degrees. Plus, a hurricane was coming our way as we left Puerto Vallarta (our last port). We sailed right across its path...it hit land at Cabo San Lucas the next morning.

I think you can anticipate not being able to anticipate what the weather will be.;)

I did the Mexican Riviera cruise in October, 2008 and every port was 100+ degrees. Plus, a hurricane was coming our way as we left Puerto Vallarta (our last port). We sailed right across its path...it hit land at Cabo San Lucas the next morning.

I think you can anticipate not being able to anticipate what the weather will be.;)

I was in PV then (not on a cruise). Spent 10 days there, and the first 4 were crazy rainy due to that hurricane. It actually diverted a river through our hotel and washed away part of the beach and some palapas. It was amazing just to sit at the beach bar and watch the crazy waves come in. Not so fun watching dumb drunk people try to swim in it.

Archived