Cave Tubing in Belize

jrosesmith84

We booked our cave tubing excursion through Carnival and Im wondering if anyone has any info on it. What should we wear cause I heard there was some hiking involved and also what do you do with your stuff when your tubing? What should or shouldnt I bring? Should I get some kind of waterproof bag to bring with me or what? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

All our belongings were left on the bus and the driver stayed with it. You can take a camera as you don't get out of the ring once in it until you reach the end.

We wore swimming costumes and board shorts and water shoes. We own wetsuit boots but our friends hired the shoes on site. They give you a life vest, helmet and inflatable ring to carry.

The walk is about 20 mins plus on the way out and about 5 on the way back.

We went cave tubing in Belize 1/1/09. We booked directly thru cavetubing.com. It was $45 pp and it was awesome. Yes there is some hiking involved and a river crossing by foot; because when you get to the river you are at the end of the cave so you have to cross over the river and hike a little more to get to the beginning entrance of the cave. We left our belongings on the bus and they were completely safe; they lock the bus also the driver stayed near the bus. We wore clothes over our swim wear and left them on the bus along with towels. Some people carried water camera because your cameras will get wet. We also carried money for tipping and shopping. You can put your money and sea pass card in a plastic bag and put it in your pocket and it will be ok. We wore water shoes with the hard rubber soles. We loved it and the staff was the BEST!!!. Had a blast:cool:

Archived