Nassau from 830-200 what to do?

nikkinoo1011

I visited the Sheration beach on March 28th. Price is $25. Just go to the lobby and they give you a wristband. Simple. I had 7 AM to about 1 PM on a Carnival Cruise. Be aware that it takes about 15-20 minutes by taxi with traffic. Make sure to allow yourself probably 30 minutes just in case so as to not be late for your ship.

The beach at the Sheration is great and so is the water. The pool is nice as well. I was impressed and couldn't believe more people weren't taking advantage of it. You can't go wrong with this option. I did a lot of checking around and this is the best beach for the money. We had 19 people in our group and the place was not crowded, so we felt almost like it was our beach.

There are bound to be plenty of excursions offered by your cruise line, which obviously will fit in with your time in port. Check the excursion opens on your cruise line's web page. Me, the first thing I look for is snorkeling.

Here's another vote for the Sheraton Cable Beach hotel. We did this last year and I couldn't believe that not only was it not crowded, there were a ton of beach chairs available to use.

We took the jitney (public bus) and you must have exact change for the $1.25 per person/per way.

Before we went, I found a boatload of photos of this place on tripadvisor.com. That pretty much sealed the deal after I saw how nice it looked. The pictures were a true represenatation of the facility and it did not disappoint.

Included in the $25 are use of snorkel equipment, kayaks and these big overgrown plastic tricycle looking things called aquabikes that are built for two.

This is sure tempting since the BL excursion through Carnival is soooo stinkin' expensive. $90 per person? :eek: Just not sure we have enough time in port to really get out to the Sheraton and enjoy it since our cruising party of 7 is multi-generational from 75 yrs - 6 yrs with a few teens thrown in. Our port time is 8:30 to 2pm. This price is so much easier on our wallets!

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Nassau last year April. I was not really looking forward to it as I had been there before. It turned out to be one of the highlights of the trip.

I recommend getting a taxi and doing a drive around the island or go over to the free part of Paradise beach. We went to the beach and rented jet skis. Had a ball! We had lunch at a small resturant on the beach and then went back and shopped.

We were not in port long and glad we arrived early as it was very HOT! Also many ships in port.

Archived