Baltimore: Holiday Inn by Stadiums: Ravens Home Game

R3D0P

We are currently booked for a Saturday night at the Holiday Inn Express by the Stadiums under a park/shuttle/cruise package. The NFL just released the 2011 season schedule last night and the Baltimore Ravens have a Sunday 1:00PM season opening home game the day we depart (9/11/2011). Considering I can see inside the stadium from out of the hotel window (we stay at this hotel every time we cruise out of Baltimore), I would imagine traffic would be a nightmare in the area. I was wondering what others who stayed here and were leaving the same day the Ravens had an afternoon home game experienced. Was it good? Was it bad? Should I consider relocating to another hotel?

I can't say for sure how it would be, but consider this: you will be heading AWAY from the stadium. So, in theory at least, the traffic on your side of the highway shouldn't be so bad. Also, given that the game is at 1:00 p.m., most of the fans will already be there before then; so things should be fairly clear when you are ready to head over to the port.

Traffic will be a nightmare, but I tend to agree with busman. I see that your ship leaves at 4:30, so you should be in the clear. The hotel will be aware for sure and should be prepared.

We'll probably be at the game. I'll wave. Have a great cruise. ;)

If the NFL lockout continues you should have no problems because there will be no game that day. Of course I would prefer to see the NFL season start on time especially because I am a Ravens fan! :)

Archived