First Time Stay in FLL 3 questions....

jzt118

We booked the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach for a post cruise stay. We've never really stayed in the FLL area before. So my questions are:

1. Has anyone stayed here before and how was your stay?

2. Are there nice and reasonably priced restaurants within walking distance to the hotel?

3. What is there to do around that area?

Thanks!!

The Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach is not in Fort Lauderdale - it is in Hollywood Beach, about 15 minutes south of Fort Lauderdale. I know the area very well and I have stayed at the hotel twice ... love it! Great location along the Intracoastal (ask for a room facing the pool/Intracoastal). Rooms are completely updated and the service is good. The pool atmosphere is nice as there is a tiki bar and most days, there is a poolside singer.

The public beach is directly across the street.

Next to the hotel is a 7-11. About a block or two north, across the street from the Westin Diplomat, is Diplomat Landing (Intracoastal side). There are two restaurants: Aiza and Rivals. Reasonably priced? Not really, but nice atmosphere because both are waterside.

Across the drawbridge from the hotel are a number of restaurants, such as Tatiana (Russian), Padrinos (Cuban), Panera Bread, a sushi restaurant, Starbucks. There is also shopping: WalMart, Burlington Coat Factory, Dollar General, Ross. Some are within walking distance, but some might require a taxi (or if you have a car).

My #1 suggestion is to head 5 minutes north of your hotel to the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk. It is a 2.5 mile paved broadwalk with casual bars, restaurants, beach-y boutiques, etc. You can walk, run, and also there are a few places to rent bikes. Across the street from the broadwalk, there are other restaurants: Billy's Stone Crab, Taverna Opa, Giorgio's Grille and Giorgio's Bakery (my fave), Flickerlight, Le Tub (another fave), and a few others along the way. You can catch the trolley from your hotel to the broadwalk if you do not have a car (or catch the trolley in front of the Diplomat).

Here is a link to Hollywood Beach:

http://www.visithollywoodfl.org/hollywoodbeachbroadwalk.aspx

About 10 minutes from your hotel is Downtown Hollywood, and around there is also a number of bars and restaurants. The trolley goes along that route too.

If you have time, visit the Village at Gulfstream Park, which is across the drawbridge, and a 10-minute drive from there. Also, Aventura Mall is nearby.

Archived