LGBT Roll Call: Celebrity Silhouette T/A 12/01/12

daviddfld

Then Mineola growing up, now in Wappingers Falls, a Metro North ticket away from NYC

Yes, we sometimes visit family in the Albany area and pass through. I think you're on the opposite side of the Hudson from the Thruway.

Welcome ptown and pompano. I'm from the boston area too, living in NYC now. Anyone form NYC?

Lived in Manhattan (East 57th St.) for forty years until 2001. Now retired in Tucson with my partner and just plan trips and enjoy the peace and quiet:)

Jay and Al

Welcome ptown and pompano. I'm from the boston area too, living in NYC now. Anyone form NYC?

Lived in Manhattan (East 57th St.) for forty years until 2001. Now retired in Tucson with my partner and just plan trips and enjoy the peace and quiet:)

Jay and Al

We're not quite ready to retire, but we are starting to think about the high cost of living here when retired.

James

James

Hi Guys, Welcome

We live in Deerfield Beach so we are next door neighbors:)

Maybe we have met each other.

Possibly we could meet for a drink before the cruise and get acquainted.

Larrry and David

Yes, we sometimes visit family in the Albany area and pass through. I think you're on the opposite side of the Hudson from the Thruway.

Yeah we were pretty lucky, my grandparents always had a big beach house in Sag Harbor. It was big enough for the 8 grandkids aand their parents.

Just turned 55 this year so not sure if I'll stay up here or move to warmer climates, my guess is I'll stay up here for a while.

I do some mediation/consulting mostly with military/government and have a online business www.simplysapphires.com and great thing about that is since no storefront, can move that business with a few clicks on a keyboard

Has the roll call ist been updated lately?

David

Hi All,

I've been away on business for awhile.... I'll try to get our Roll Call listing updated this week. Glad to see new members joining us. If anyone wants to provide more info for the Roll Call, let me know...

Don

• 2 weeks later...

Been so busy with work and looks as if schedule will be going full throttle till December. I do a lot of mediation work and lately many of the cases have been in Family Court, and its just more draining than civil/business cases.

Can't wait till our Late November/ December getaway :D

Good Morning All! First time on the site ... A friend (Susan) and myself (Jeff) will be on this cruise and just came across this site in our google search to get info ... Thanks to all of you for the info we have already seen.

Good Morning All! First time on the site ... A friend (Susan) and myself (Jeff) will be on this cruise and just came across this site in our google search to get info ... Thanks to all of you for the info we have already seen.

Welcome aboard Jeff & Susan

A huge message board full of information on this December 1, 2012 Silhouette sailing can also be found here Silhouette December 1 2012

As of yesterday it is possible to purchase tickets online for the train trip to Civitavecchia from Rome Termini. At the moment the Trenitalia site has ticket availability in the Super Economy category for the express trains. These Frecciabianca are former intercity trains that have been refurbished, have space for luggage and have comfortable reclining seats. They travel between Roma and Genova. If you want to see what the interior of the cars look like you can google Frecciabianca. The normal price for riding one of the express trains rather than the slower regional trains which are uncomfortable and have little luggage capacity is 14.5 euros. This includes the seat reservation which is mandatory. The super economy price which is now available is 9 euros for second class. As the allotment of these tickets is exhausted the price rises.

If you are interested - here is the procedure:

Google Trenitalia and click on the English version. In the "From" box type in Roma (not Rome) Termini. In the "To" box type Civitavecchia. Indicate number of tickets and fill in the time box with the number 12. The date of course will be 1-12-2012. This will pull up the complete list of trains around noon to Civitavecchia. There are two Frecciabianca trains that are available for getting to Civitavecchia in time for the cruise. The first is train #9786 which leaves at 12:10 and arrives at 12:51. The second train #9770 leaves at 13:29 and arrives at 14:07. Click on the train you prefer and the 9 euro per person economy fare. The seat allocation is automatic when you purchase your ticket(s). Scroll down to the bottom and there is a box you can click which does not require registration. After completing each screen click on "complete". You will have to give your name and e-mail and you have to click on the box that indicates that you have read the rules and regulations. After completing the purchase with a credit card there will be an instantaneous message sent to your e-mail which has the ticket with electronic code printed on it. I used my credit card that has no foreign transaction fee but any major card will work.

I have used this site twice in the last week. Once for my tickets from Florence to Rome since I will be in Florence for a week before traveling to Rome and now once again for Civitavecchia. It worked perfectly.

At the station on the day of travel make sure you validate your ticket in the box before getting on the train or there could be a 50 Euro fine.

Thank you for the train information. Just purchased our tickets to the port. We'll be in Rome for a few days prior to the sailing and staying near the Termini so this is perfect for us.

Tim & Dale

Hi Tim and Dale,

Just wondered if you booked the 12:10 train and, if so, what car you are in. We are in Car #8. Just in case it is raining maybe we could share a cab from the train station in Civitavecchia to the port entry if the cab is big enough for four persons and luggage which may be a stretch. It is only about six blocks to the port shuttle bus but you and your luggage could get very wet if the weather doesn't cooperate.

Jay and Al

We're on the 12:10 train in coach 1. We took the local train last year, which was kind of fun. By the time we reached Civitavecchia, everyone on the train was a cruise passenger. Although space for luggage was tight. We're spending some time in Bologna and Rome prior to the cruise.

We're on the 12:10 train in coach 1. We took the local train last year, which was kind of fun. By the time we reached Civitavecchia, everyone on the train was a cruise passenger. Although space for luggage was tight. We're spending some time in Bologna and Rome prior to the cruise.

Bologna is one of my favorite cities in Italy!! Fabulous food and the markets are wonderful.

Monica