LGBT Roll Call: Celebrity Silhouette T/A 12/01/12

daviddfld

Only used this site once before so not sure if I'm threading in the correct place, any other gay Brits on this cruise 1/12/2012 Silhouette me and my partner John are looking forward to meeting lots of new friend's been reading lots of threads on this site seems like sa great crowd:):)

Welcome jollysco tty! I get the feeling this will be a very gay cruise. I do hope that Celebrity still has the gatherings for us on this sailing. If you look at the attachments for this thread, I have been keeping a Roll Call for us from the LGBT thread. I will be doing a final update in the next week or so if you want to add some information.

Look forward to meeting everyone in just 3 short weeks!!

Don

Add me and my partner to the roll call scott & john London uk, flying out Gatwick 30th staying at the Hotel San Giorgio we have pre booked airport shuttle from Fiumicino (Rome) to hotel 4 pax for 120 euros the hotel is close to port..

Welcome to the roll call :) There is a pre-cruise meet'n greet in the bar of the San Giorgio from 6pm on the 30th. $5 euro's per glass of wine. 54 people signed up so far :D

How do you sign up for this meet and greet?

It was being organised on the main roll call, and is listed on Sherry's Website. I didn't realise there were so many people staying out in Civitavecchia pre-cruise till i checked it yesterday.

I think if you just post on the main roll call for Sherry to add you to her list, then show up on the night, that's all you need to do.:)

I'd say 54 people will pretty much fill up the San Giorgio bar area. Last year we had a young bartender who grinned alot but was very unfamiliar with American drink orders.

It was being organised on the main roll call, and is listed on Sherry's Website. I didn't realise there were so many people staying out in Civitavecchia pre-cruise till i checked it yesterday.

I think if you just post on the main roll call for Sherry to add you to her list, then show up on the night, that's all you need to do.:)

I'd say 54 people will pretty much fill up the San Giorgio bar area. Last year we had a young bartender who grinned alot but was very unfamiliar with American drink orders.

I didn't realize it would take place in Civitavecchia, as there's also a San Giorgio hotel in Rome. I'm staying in Rome. But thanks for the info.

Welcome to the roll call :) There is a pre-cruise meet'n greet in the bar of the San Giorgio from 6pm on the 30th. $5 euro's per glass of wine. 54 people signed up so far :D

Hi I noticed you was on the same cruise last year what was the weather like at sea after Tenerife, hoping not too cold. Used to go to Tenerife in the 90s around Xmas time and it was usually very nice. Thanks in advance. :)

Hi I noticed you was on the same cruise last year what was the weather like at sea after Tenerife, hoping not too cold. Used to go to Tenerife in the 90s around Xmas time and it was usually very nice. Thanks in advance. :)

Last year we called at Lisbon. It was late October, so I'm not sure how much colder it will be in December. Leaving Lisbon we hit 30 ft seas and 50 mph winds. Items fell and smashed in the shops, and in the cabins. Despite the Captain diverting 90 miles south and going around the back of the Azores, we still had 3 days of being stuck indoors, with the pools emptied as the ship pitched and shuddered at barely 10 knots. All the bars opened at 9am... It wasn't cold though.

Hello Alan.

This is Bob from Ft Lauderdale. I suggested the side of the trains you took from NYC to LA last year. Good to see your aboard. A friend of mine and I are on the 14 day Holy land and than an additional 4 will be joining us for the TA. It looks like we are going to have a great gang on the crossing. Can't wait!

Bob

Hello Alan.

This is Bob from Ft Lauderdale. I suggested the side of the trains you took from NYC to LA last year. Good to see your aboard. A friend of mine and I are on the 14 day Holy land and than an additional 4 will be joining us for the TA. It looks like we are going to have a great gang on the crossing. Can't wait!

Bob

Hey Bob ... my partner (Larry) and I are also doing the Holy Land cruise before the TA where we will be joined by 4 friends. We're from Deerfield Beach.

Hello Alan.

Bob

Hello Bob, yes i do remember you. Small world - definitely should be a good cruise. And doing more Amtrak afterwards, this time too :)

Hello Bob, yes i do remember you. Small world - definitely should be a good cruise. And doing more Amtrak afterwards, this time too :)

Terrific...will be pleased to offer more Amtrak suggestions to you.

See you in a few weeks.

For anyone who is not aware of it, please read the last few pages of the roll call board which discusses the announced transit strike for November 30. It is basically being called by Alitalia airport employees but usually there are sympathy strikes, especially with train, bus and metro employees.

HELP ... can never remember how to find attachments!

David,

If you back out of this thread to the main G&L Roll Calls listing, look for this thread, which should be close to the top since I’m posting this. To the right of the thread titles you will see a paper clip. Click on it and you’ll see the attachment. Looks like the last one was from June.

Monica

Nov. 30, 2012

General strike: air travel, rail support, sea transport to lesser islands, 24 hours.

Air travel and airport staff, 24 hours.

Rail travel 24 hours starting at 9 p.m. the 29th.

Sea connections with main islands 24 hours starting at 8 a.m. the 30th.

Alitalia, 24 hours.

Jay in Tucson

Hey Bob ... my partner (Larry) and I are also doing the Holy Land cruise before the TA where we will be joined by 4 friends. We're from Deerfield Beach.

I was checking to see if you two might be on Independence of the Seas Dec 5 so I might meet up with you at a Diamond party.......and there you are - in the middle of a war :eek: breaking out big time in "the Holy Land".

Get thee the heck out of there and come home - sooner and safely .

Best

Mahya

I can't believe we're getting so close to our cruise! I'm jealous of those of us who have already left and joined the Silhouette for the Holy Land Cruise, and I know many more will be leaving in the days to come. I've attached to this posting what will probably be the last Roll Call for our group before we depart. If there are any last minute changes before I leave (on the 27th), I will try to make them.

Look forward to seeing you onboard!

Don

Roll Call 11-12.pdf

I can't believe we're getting so close to our cruise! I'm jealous of those of us who have already left and joined the Silhouette for the Holy Land Cruise, and I know many more will be leaving in the days to come. I've attached to this posting what will probably be the last Roll Call for our group before we depart. If there are any last minute changes before I leave (on the 27th), I will try to make them.

Look forward to seeing you onboard!

Don

See you and Mike next Tuesday!

Safe travels to everyone.

Monica