GREAT NEWS on FCC CERTIFICATES

Elaine515

I didn't know either. Do I interperet this to mean You put money down on a future cruise even if you don't know what it is yet? Carnival can then know you are planning to cruise with them again, like you are guaranteeing it? And they give you OBC's for this promise you made?:confused:

I have cruised Carnival many times and am unfamiliar with this program. What is the upside to paying them one hundred dollars with a promise to sail in the future? Do they double your money for an obc or is there some other perk, otherwise why not just keep your money in your pocket for the year and put it down when you are actually ready to cruise. I only see Carnival benefitting from this deal, they get millions of dollars and hold your money without paying any interest. Again, where is the benefit for actual cruisers?

I have cruised Carnival many times and am unfamiliar with this program. What is the upside to paying them one hundred dollars with a promise to sail in the future? Do they double your money for an obc or is there some other perk, otherwise why not just keep your money in your pocket for the year and put it down when you are actually ready to cruise. I only see Carnival benefitting from this deal, they get millions of dollars and hold your money without paying any interest. Again, where is the benefit for actual cruisers?

Not just the 100.00 towards the cruise fare but UP TO 100.00 OBC depending on the number of sailing days.

Have a question. I have the voucher and want to submit it. I have a cruise booked with an initial deposit for March, 2012. Just supposing some thing goes wrong (Like a health issue) and I have to cancel the cruise. Can that voucher be returned or a new one issued so it could be used for another cruise? I have never cancelled a cruise in the past but came close with health issues. Any one ever experienced this?

I want to book a 12/2012 cruise but want to use a FCC. I sail in two weeks on Sensation. Are they available on Sensation? Next question, if i go ahead and book, can I send it in when I get back? Can you buy them anywhere other then on the ships?

Better yet you can book it while on your cruise , if they have a future cruise dept, and you will get your obc of 100.00 and they will give you an additional certificate of 100.00 for a friend or family member to use on the same cruise.

I want to book a 12/2012 cruise but want to use a FCC. I sail in two weeks on Sensation. Are they available on Sensation? Next question, if i go ahead and book, can I send it in when I get back? Can you buy them anywhere other then on the ships?

I don't believe they are available on the Sensation. Sorry!

"And the blind shall lead the blind." Filled out the form several times and it would not "Submit". It you selected the "Print" command, that would work but not the "Submit" command. So then I called in my computer expert: my son. I mentioned to him about the "Compatability" problem in IE. He said "Oh yah" and then proceeded to the top of the page. You will see a picture of a magnifying glass. Then to the right of that is an arrow. Continue right and you will come upon a broken blue square with a wavy white line in the middle. That's it. Select that icon to resolve the Compatibility issue. I changed it and then typed the form over again. Selected the "Submit" command and it worked like a charm immediately and then a message appeared saying "An E-mail has been successfully sent across with the required details". So it is just a matter of knowing "Computereze". I don't know if Carnival can do any thing to resolve this issue since it seems to depend on what version of IE you are using.

Good luck fellow cruisers!

"And the blind shall lead the blind." Filled out the form several times and it would not "Submit". It you selected the "Print" command, that would work but not the "Submit" command. So then I called in my computer expert: my son. I mentioned to him about the "Compatability" problem in IE. He said "Oh yah" and then proceeded to the top of the page. You will see a picture of a magnifying glass. Then to the right of that is an arrow. Continue right and you will come upon a broken blue square with a wavy white line in the middle. That's it. Select that icon to resolve the Compatibility issue. I changed it and then typed the form over again. Selected the "Submit" command and it worked like a charm immediately and then a message appeared saying "An E-mail has been successfully sent across with the required details". So it is just a matter of knowing "Computereze". I don't know if Carnival can do any thing to resolve this issue since it seems to depend on what version of IE you are using.

Good luck fellow cruisers!

Thank you for this post.

I was getting a bit grumpy trying to make it work.

I did this and *presto chango* it worked!

Thanks again!!!

I believe somewhere it says there are three ships not available - Sensation is one of them (I noticed since we've have sailed).

Mine finally got applied after my last payment so I have an overpayment of $100. QUESTION>>> when does the onboard credit show?????

I'm adding my "Thank You!" to all the others to the OP for posting this thread (I was about to mail my FCC in when I saw it), the poster(s) that suggested using first name only for "name of requester" field, and the poster(s) that informed us about the compatibility button. After following your instructions, it worked for me:

I just submitted my FCC online and got the "An E-mail has been successfully sent across with the required details." page after a few seconds. About two minutes later, I got an email from IMC SPECIAL PROGRAMS stating: "We received your email, and will process your request within 5-7 business days."

Thanks to all of you for the info and tips on getting this process to work properly!:D

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the tips on correcting Carnival's third grade programming. Really, why bother if you can't get it set up right. I mean my friends online local hardware store is able to put a form up that works correctly and Carnival can't get that right??

Another thing I found out, you won't be able to submit with FireFox or Google Chrome. I asked Carnival if they could put something on their page that this only works with Internet Explorer.

I submitted mine last Friday got an e-mail confirmation shortly thereafter and am still waiting on the $100 credit towards my cruise. It does say 5 - 7 business days so I'll wait til this Wednesday and call my PVP and see what's going on.

In a previous post, I asked if a voucher can be cancelled once submitted for a cruise. Let's say a health issue comes up and you cancel the cruise prior to final payment. Looks like you lose the submitted voucher. I just printed my BOOKING SUMMARY and it shows the Onboard Credit of $100.00 with the word "Nonrefundable" printed next to it.

So my advice is don't submit your voucher until the last minute before final payment. Make sure, however, Carnival has enough time for them to process the voucher so they can take the other $100.00 off your final payment. My cruise isn't until March 24, 2010 so I have several months to go with final payment not due until December, 2011. Should I cancel the cruise between now and December, I will lose my $100.00 cruise credit and probably the $100 that I paid for the voucher since it has been submitted. The smart thing would have been to submit the voucher in November, 2011.

This is one of the reasons I did not use the "Early Saver" program and paid a higher price for the cruise. I wanted to protect myself should I have to cancel. By the way, this will be my 15th cruise and ! have never cancelled so far but we have come close twice due to health issues.

So this is some thing you might want to consider when submitting vouchers.

Just a quick note on their turn-around time: I submitted my FCC on June 8th (see above post), and it didn't go thru until June 20th (a little bit over the 5-7 days they state in their initial email:rolleyes:). But, it did go thru. Better than having to send it registered mail!:)

• 6 months later...

I am so glad someone told me about the "compatibility" icon at the top. I had no idea what that was! I was about to mail my certificate and got online to just check on what people were saying recently about the FCC and saw the post about being able to do it by link online. I kept trying and it wouldn't go through so I kept reading....lo and behold, the answer to any questions were answered in this thread and I have just sent mine in! Yea! Thank you Cruise Critic!

In a previous post, I asked if a voucher can be cancelled once submitted for a cruise. Let's say a health issue comes up and you cancel the cruise prior to final payment. Looks like you lose the submitted voucher. I just printed my BOOKING SUMMARY and it shows the Onboard Credit of $100.00 with the word "Nonrefundable" printed next to it.

So my advice is don't submit your voucher until the last minute before final payment. Make sure, however, Carnival has enough time for them to process the voucher so they can take the other $100.00 off your final payment. My cruise isn't until March 24, 2010 so I have several months to go with final payment not due until December, 2011. Should I cancel the cruise between now and December, I will lose my $100.00 cruise credit and probably the $100 that I paid for the voucher since it has been submitted. The smart thing would have been to submit the voucher in November, 2011.

This is one of the reasons I did not use the "Early Saver" program and paid a higher price for the cruise. I wanted to protect myself should I have to cancel. By the way, this will be my 15th cruise and ! have never cancelled so far but we have come close twice due to health issues.

So this is some thing you might want to consider when submitting vouchers.

Rich - If you have cruise insurance through a different company than Carnival, they should cover your loss of the FCC. They've done it before with OBC, etc. It sure would be worth trying if it should happen to you.

Nancy

Archived