Just booked my first Equinox cruise!!!

patterson3

The 10 night eastern caribbean cruise to St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Barbados, Dominica and St. Maarten!....Unfortunately it's not until Feb of 2013)....anyway, I booked stateroom 9215 (for the larger balcony) and any info on the Equinox or any of these ports (I've been to St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Barbados before, but this will be our first time to Dominica and St. Kitts) would be greatly appreciated!!!

I have read that the Equinox has a comedy stage- how frequently do they have comedy shows and what other types of shows are held there?...Do these shows compete with the shows in the main theatre?

Also, which nights would be the formal nights on a 10 night cruise?

Thanks in advance!

We are leaving on the 10 night Equinox tomorrow! Will be sure to post when we return.:)

I can't wait for your review. Have fun!

One more question (for anyone that's been on the Equinox)- Do they serve afternoon tea every at sea day? If so, where does this take place?

Again, thanks.

The 10 night eastern caribbean cruise to St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Barbados, Dominica and St. Maarten!....Unfortunately it's not until Feb of 2013)....anyway, I booked stateroom 9215 (for the larger balcony) and any info on the Equinox or any of these ports (I've been to St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Barbados before, but this will be our first time to Dominica and St. Kitts) would be greatly appreciated!!!

I have read that the Equinox has a comedy stage- how frequently do they have comedy shows and what other types of shows are held there?...Do these shows compete with the shows in the main theatre?

Thanks in advance!

In October on Equinox they had a "game show" called liar's club. This was similar to a TV program called "call my bluff" we had in the UK in the 60's and 70's. The show was held in Celebrity central, to the side of the main theatre. They held it on 2 separate occasions and it was very funny. As far as I can recall, it did not clash with the main show.

I can't wait for your review. Have fun!

One more question (for anyone that's been on the Equinox)- Do they serve afternoon tea every at sea day? If so, where does this take place?

Again, thanks.

On our 12 night cruise in October, they only served an elegant tea once in the MDR, but you can get tea, sandwiches pastries etc every afternoon in the oceanview cafe.

Great cruise. You will love it. Go to the cafe bianca, in the afternoon you can get sandwiches also. Great entertainment at dinner time love the martini bar loved the whole ship. Hoping to do back to back on it next april.:p

Thanks in advance!

We did this exact cruise April 1-10/11! It was fabulous.....my suggestion to you is that you upgrade to Aqua Class.....not much more in terms of cost but definitely worth it. Priority boarding, exclusive use of the restaurant Blu which we ate in every night......just an excellent way to go!

Not sure about the shows as we really did not go to them. Our favourite bar was the Martini Bar, Sunset (daytime) and the Passport Lounge. Also, not sure if you are drinkers but we bought the premium beverage package and it was definitely worth it.

My least favourite port was Dominica......if I were to do it again, I would stay on the ship that day and take advantage of reduced spa services and the solitude of the ship! Any questions email me at eileen.watson@gov.bc.ca

We did this exact cruise April 1-10/11! It was fabulous.....my suggestion to you is that you upgrade to Aqua Class.....not much more in terms of cost but definitely worth it. Priority boarding, exclusive use of the restaurant Blu which we ate in every night......just an excellent way to go!

Not sure about the shows as we really did not go to them. Our favourite bar was the Martini Bar, Sunset (daytime) and the Passport Lounge. Also, not sure if you are drinkers but we bought the premium beverage package and it was definitely worth it.

My least favourite port was Dominica......if I were to do it again, I would stay on the ship that day and take advantage of reduced spa services and the solitude of the ship! Any questions email me at eileen.watson@gov.bc.ca

Formal nights were the second day out and second to last day in.

Archived