who is REALLY best for cave tubing?better than Altun HA / river?

rkmom

I have read a lot of good reviews of cave tubing and it sounds so neat--different from what you can do anywhere else, but I am not sure of who to book with. Prices are similar, some include lunch, others don't . do some have better guides, smaller groups, more time? (And who is most reliable about getting back to ship? (We are in port 7:30-4:30 (ship time?)

Also, do you see any animals along the path or on the drive there? Some of the other excursions sound neat because of the wildlife, so I'm having a hard time deciding. (It will be me and DH, both mid 30s)

We are planning to snorkel / beach in Grand Cayman and Coz, probably ruins in costa Maya (or are Belize ones better?)

I've heard people get sore necks/shoulders on cave tubing trip. Any advice?

Thanks for help with any or all questions!

KL

We just got back yesterday. We had a great time on the cave tubing. We booked with www.cave-tubing.com (Yhony). His groups are small, only as many that will fit in the van, we had 8. They also make sure to avoid the cruise ship crowds by taking you farther up the river if possible. He charged $45 per person and does not collect until the end to ensure you have a good time. Our guide was great (Gilley). We did not see that much wildlife on the hike but he spent much time teaching us about all the plants and a few local animals throughout the hike. He also pointed out many formations in the caves that we would not have noticed otherwise. You may see some bats in the caves but all are sleeping haning from the ceiling during the day.

I have decided to book with Yhony due to the good reviews. I am hoping that we will get a few others to join us in order to have more fun as well as cut our costs from $60 to $45 per person.

We are not cruising this time, but Carnival's Miracle will be in port the day we go (May 6th). Hoping to get others on board!

• 2 weeks later...

I've done both the cave tubing (thru Reggie's and I would recommend him highly) and I've done the Altun Ha trip. I loved cave tubing and didn't a get sore neck or shoulders...nor did anyone in my group that I know of. Cave tubing was the highlight of my first cruise. That being said, I really loved the Altun Ha/ River Wallace trip. I did see a lot of wild life that I didn't see during the cave tubing trip, but if I had to pick one or the other, I would probably recommend the cave tubing. Either way, I think you will have a great time!

Kristin

Archived